SG Blacklisted by Soundcloud

General discussion re sg.

SG Blacklisted by Soundcloud

Postby kasu64 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:21 pm

Hi Josh

and all SpamGourmet users and friends.

I am encountering a problem :
At Soundcloud, my SG address is blacklisted,
and I can't log in to my account on this server anymore.

How to solve this problem ?

Thank you for your help

Kasu64
kasu64

Re: SG Blacklisted by Soundcloud

Postby josh » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:49 pm

It looks like you're trying to create an account rather than log in. Do you get the same error when you try to log in using an existing account that has a spamgourmet address for the username? I don't. My account there still works.
josh

Postby kasu64 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:47 am

Hi Josh.

I Had an SoundCloud account,
with some audio on it.
when I last connected to my existing account to add audios,
I was strangely sent back to the account creation page ...

At the moment I just tried to create a new account,
and above you can see the screenshot of the refusal.

9ox.net seems to be blacklisted on SoundCloud ...

Can you fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Kasu64
kasu64

Postby josh » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:11 am

I can't fix it. Only soundcloud can. And it can be tough to convince some of these services to change things - probably they got some big list of domains which includes spamgourmet domains along with a bunch of others, and they consider them to be bad somehow. Definitely they won't talk to me about it -- haha

It's easy for me to think these bans are motivated by the services wanting to improve the quantity and value of the personal information they have about you -- i.e., you are the product, so to speak.

But it could also be the case that they're too lazy to consider that banning a list of "disposable" email address domains doesn't really help them avoid bad people, who can very easily create throwaway accounts on a buzillion free email services that they don't ban, while hurting legitimate users who value their privacy (and remember, not talking about soundcloud necessarily, but a lot of services *don't* value our privacy as we know)

I use soundcloud too - with a xoxy.net address that I created long ago. Not sure if it would work for a new account now, but I just logged in with no problem.
josh

Return to General Discussion