Yahoo restrics address dfgh.net...

General discussion re sg.

Yahoo restrics address dfgh.net...

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:07 pm

Your email address "groups.yahoo.xavierg@dfgh.net" is in an invalid format.
Invalid Email Address.Your Email address of groups.yahoo.xavierg@dfgh.net belongs to dfgh.net which is restricted from use in Yahoo! registrations. Please choose a different email address

As Yahoogroups is a dream for spammer...

Xavier

Postby SysKoll » Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:55 am

My first thought is that Yahoo wants to make money by selling your email address, so they go to considerable trouble to make sure people don't use antispam addresses.

Am I right? Or is there a more mundane explanation?
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby vellire » Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:39 pm

I've used recursor.net for Yahoo and haven't had any problems.
vellire

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:57 pm

They block recursor.net now too. They must be reading the SG FAQ!

Postby SysKoll » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:41 am

Well, you can always buy a domain and redirect it to point to spamgourmet.com. Without advertizing the fact. May I suggest Yahoo_is_a_pain.org?
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby Guest » Sat May 01, 2004 10:26 am

That's a goog idea ;-)

I will test an address overthere.

If they sell the adress, I would now understand why those addresses are spammed ...

Xavier

Postby xdcdx » Mon May 10, 2004 10:21 pm

It's a shame that free service providers start banning this great tool for fighting spam.

They might think that one could register a zillion of times using the same real address, but using a zillion spamgourmet addresses.

In any case, one could do the same registering many times in fastmail, yahoo, hotmail or terra, so this is a nonesense.

Best regards,
xDCDx
xdcdx

Postby jiminalaska » Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:03 pm

I'm successfully using SG's neverbox.com domain to receive Yahoo Groups digests.

I have all of the yahoo groups that I'm subscribed to send their digests to yahoogroups.myacct@neverbox.com -- and since all of the digests come from yahoogroups.com, I have set yahoogroups.com as a trusted sender for myacct.

(Your mileage may vary: This is working 11/3/04, but it's possible that yahoo may block or change things in the future.)
jiminalaska

Return to General Discussion