Needing list of domains

General discussion re sg.

Needing list of domains

Postby skiaddict1 » Fri May 23, 2014 11:45 am

Greetings,

I do a lot of work for a voluntary organisation. My email address must be on their website, so for years I've been using sg to protect my real address. (Wonderful service, BTW -- thanks guys!!!) I have their domain listed as a trusted sender.

All of a sudden I'm not receiving any emails from them. I've been trying all sorts of adresses today, in my member record on their website, to try and get it to work. But despite the fact that the website thinks it's sending me emails, they never get through.

I can email myself, from my usual email client, to the address I used to have in my member record, and I receive the email, so it's not a spam filter at my ISP or in my email client. Other members are receiving emails sent from the organisation's website, so that part also seems to be OK. I've also tried creating a new disposable address in my member record, but it never even gets registered on my sg advanced page, so it's clearly just not arriving at sg.

I'm wondering if someone at the hosting company for the organisation's website has decided to create a blacklist of sg domains, so the organisation's website is creating the emails, but they're not getting out to the wide world. I've tried all of the domains in the sg FAQ, and I've googled the sg site, and I've also searched here for "domains", but I just can't find any more.

Can some kind soul please point me in the direction of recent posts where other domains are mentioned? I'm getting pretty desperate for a solution to this problem. If I can't find a domain that works, I'm going to have to publish my email address on the web!!! :shock:

Many thanks :)
skiaddict1

Re: Needing list of domains

Postby snowmaker » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:13 pm

I'm going to have to publish my email address on the web!!! :shock:

You could use a service such as this - http://www.dynamicdrive.com/emailriddler/ to 'encrypt' your email address, making it safe to publish on a web page.
snowmaker

Re: Needing list of domains

Postby skiaddict1 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:23 pm

Thanks for the idea, but unfortunately I don't have the option of putting script code there. I have to have an email address that I can put into my membership record.

I've ended up making a gmail address and when that one is overwhelmed by spam, I'll start up another one. Sad that I can no longer use SG, I really liked it, but without a list of alternative domains to try, that's what I'm forced to do.
skiaddict1

Return to General Discussion