receiving mail indefinitely from trusted senders

General discussion re sg.

receiving mail indefinitely from trusted senders

Postby aheubert » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:56 pm

Please forgive me if this question has already been considered: I'm new to this forum. I'm just writing with a suggestion. Would it be possible for us to continue to receive messages from trusted senders, even when the message is sent to an address whose "remaining number of messages" has counted down to zero? I've discovered how easy it is to lose wanted messages without this treatment, say If a trusted sender has occasionally sent inessential mail from some different address, eventually decrementing the "remaining number" counter to zero. I can't think of any disadvantage to my suggested treatment, though perhaps you can.

Thanks (from a grateful user of many years),
Alan
aheubert

Re: receiving mail indefinitely from trusted senders

Postby Nuke » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:01 pm

I am not sure I understand your problem. You have a trusted sender to whom you have given more than one address? You want to identify non-spam from the identity of the sender rather than from the email address you have given them? (SG just doesn't work that way) You have given the same address to more than one sender?

Perhaps you are not using Spamgourmet the right way. I give a different email address to every company/entity I deal with. Then if I decide I trust one (or need to maintain an on-going account with them) I promote them to "Trusted", and if I cease dealing with them or they start spamming me I "un-trust" them and perhaps reduce their count to zero. Only one company per address and only one adddress per company.
Nuke

Return to General Discussion