dfgh.net domain stlil valid?

General discussion re sg.

dfgh.net domain stlil valid?

Postby sgammer » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:46 pm

Hello

I noticed the dfgh.net domain is no longer listed in the FAQ? :-o

I googled the info and surprisingly, the FAQ was the first document matching. The cached version confirmed dfgh.net was listed before. You can't hide changes from Google :-)

So I have been using @dfgh.net extensively over the years, and have trusted senders set up for some mail I actually want to receive. It could also be necessary to access this email to reclaim get access to old web accounts etc.

1. So I just wanted to ask/confirm that dfgh.net will continue to be valid? Or what was the thinking behind removing it from the FAQ list?

2. I have a feeling there are a lot more domains. Is there a larger list of domains other than the FAQ? Sorry if this is in itself a FAQ, I was hoping there would be something like a sticky post in the help forums but did not find it...

3. Finally, am I right in understanding that any third-party domains pointing their MX to SG can not be relied upon by anyone but the owner of the domain, right? They could change it any time, and start receiving mail sent via that domain without forwarding, etc.?

So basically I'm interested in understanding what the long term and reliable domain options are.

Bye, and thanks for clarifying to a long term happy user, who have also donated as thanks...
sgammer

Re: dfgh.net domain stlil valid?

Postby nando78 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:22 am

Hi,

I checked dfgh.net and it is still valid. I'm not sure if it will remain valid, unless someone on the board can confirm.

There is a bigger amount of domains that work with spamgourmet you can find some of them on the forums, that's how I have found some of them. I think the reason why they are not all in one place is so that it is harder for companies and other people to create a blacklist of all the domains that use spamgourmet. As some companies actively "blacklist" domains that associated with spamgourmet.

In regards to your questions #3 that's correct if the domain lapses or is sold to someone else then email will start going to the new dns records that are setup or changed.

I myself am thinking of setting one of my domains to spamgourmet but I'm not sure if it will work with country specific domains like .com.au or .co.nz as most if not all the domains i know on spamgourmet are either .info/.com/.net/.org etc.

EDIT. ralree.info is not using spamgourmet's mx records but ralree.com is.
nando78

Return to General Discussion