Sending from a disposable on a mobile device

General discussion re sg.

Sending from a disposable on a mobile device

Postby af7v » Wed May 09, 2012 4:32 pm

I was looking at the code for generating the email that makes it look as if it came from your disposable address. The problem is that I'm trying to do so from a mobile device and it would require a multi-step, error prone copy process to generate the email address.

Is there a mechanism whereby one could send the necessary information and get just the email address in the response? Looking at the code it seems like the key piece is the hash that is inserted into the SQL DB that makes the email functional.

I'd love to have or create a mobile app that takes a copied email and inserts the generated disposable sender email into the clipboard for email purposes without having to go to the website.
af7v

Postby pblinks » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:37 pm

Interesting. I'm not a programmer, have not reviewed the sg code, and I don't know what system you are planning this app for, but couldn't the mailto URI be used from within the proposed app, or at least a temporary html document with the mailto link created so that the user can just click it and have the address sent to their e-mail app? (just like the sg page does)
pblinks

Re: Sending from a disposable on a mobile device

Postby GSX » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:21 am

I just had the same question but found that SG apparently already adds the generated address to the from-line of that mail so that just hitting reply will do the trick.

But this doesn't work when the "(xx: message x of x)" is inserted into the subject instead of appended. I guess this happens with long subject lines and special characters in it.
GSX

Re: Sending from a disposable on a mobile device

Postby josh » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:19 pm

If you want a web service type thing to do it, I could set that up. It's actually difficult on purpose, to prevent people from going wild and using it to send newsletters (or worse) and stuff.
josh

Return to General Discussion