some new features?

General discussion re sg.

some new features?

Postby scifiguy » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:03 am

Here are some features which I think would be useful:

1. When an account goes down to 1, have it send you an email updating you that it's going to expire. this wouldn't happen on all accounts, just the ones you set to do that.

2. have a checkbox in front of all the accounts on the advanced page. if the box is checked, then pick a function: (1) Delete, (2) autoreset to 20, (3) other functions?
scifiguy

Postby snowmaker » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:57 pm

On the advanced page, there is this option that may fulfill your requirements, for request #1 anyway..
Hiding the Subject Tagline: If you don't like the extra text that spamgourmet adds to the subject of your messages (e.g., informing you of the number of remaining messages, or the trusted status of the sender), enable the feature that says "hide subject tagline" -- the same information will then be put into a header of the message which you may or may not be able to view with your email client software.
snowmaker

Re: some new features?

Postby justs » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:20 pm

scifiguy wrote:Here are some features which I think would be useful:

1. When an account goes down to 1, have it send you an email updating you that it's going to expire. this wouldn't happen on all accounts, just the ones you set to do that.

2. have a checkbox in front of all the accounts on the advanced page. if the box is checked, then pick a function: (1) Delete, (2) autoreset to 20, (3) other functions?

100% agree with idea number 2! I have been pining for the option to simultaneously modify multiple addresses for years. Checkboxes for things like those mentioned above as well as 'hide' would take SG over the top!

Re: point #1, SG already does this. When you receive an email from one of your addresses it will show in the subject (sendername: message 14 of 15) so you can see you are on your last message.
Could using a Spamgourmet disposable to register for the Spamgourmet Forum tear a hole in the space-time continuum?
justs

Return to General Discussion