Proposal to change default behaviour on SG: no un-capping

General discussion re sg.

Do you support changing new SG accounts to be un-capped?

Yes
75%
No
25%
Don't care
No votes

Total votes : 4

Proposal to change default behaviour on SG: no un-capping

Postby ronbarak » Sat May 28, 2011 12:17 pm

I would like start a discussion on changing the default behaviour of SG addresses.

Like many of you, I assume, I'm careful to whom I give my email address (which are always in the SG domain).
Consequently, only a tiny percentage of my addresses end up being used by spammers.

Here's my suggestion: instead of having the default number of mail through a SG account set at 20, let's not have a maximal number at all. If the address starts being used for spam, then we'd go to SG and block that address.

With the current SG default behaviour, I have to go to each new address I create, and set it manually to be un-capped (or I risk loosing messages once more than 20 messages are sent).

With my proposed change, I'd have to go only to those addresses that started being used for spam, and block them.

What do you think?
ronbarak

Postby lwc » Sat May 28, 2011 10:31 pm

Judging from past admin statements, your assumptions are wrong. They said Spamgourmet wouldn't survive without that limit.

With that said, why don't you just use automated exclusive senders (read the site's FAQ) instead of creating this poll?
lwc

Return to General Discussion