Mail from Linkedin bouncing

General discussion re sg.

Mail from Linkedin bouncing

Postby LarryE » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:14 pm

The top of my LinkedIn page includes this line:
One or more of your email addresses have bounced. Check email addresses status.

Clicking on "Check email addresses status" results in a list of email addresses I've added to LinkedIn, the top line of which reads:
linkedin.xxxxx.xxxxxxx@xoxy.net Primary Address Bounced

So, email from LinkedIn to my xoxy.net address bounced. I assume this is a temporary problem, but I don't know. I worry that email to me from other sites (e.g., my kids' schools) may be bouncing without my knowledge.
LarryE

Postby josh » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:31 pm

not sure what they consider a bounce, but if they tried connecting during that (unscheduled, and fairly unusual) downtime period a little while back, the connection attempt would have timed out.
josh

Postby LarryE » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:20 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Today I received another regular update from LinkedIn to a secondary address rather than my primary address. Again, when I checked LinkedIn displayed my address as "Bounced," but it probably would do that permanently until I fix it. This time I clicked "Send Confirmation Message," received the message (sent through my xoxy.net address), clicked on the confirmation link, logged in, and now it shows my address as "confirmed" rather than "bounced."

I'll go with the theory that it bounced during SpamGourmet downtime if it was down around 2/9/2011.
LarryE

Return to General Discussion