Hotmail enters the spamgourmet business

General discussion re sg.

Hotmail enters the spamgourmet business

Postby LarryE » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:36 pm

I'm not a Hotmail user, but CNet has an article titled "Hotmail launches accounts you can throw away" here. Here are the first two paragraphs:
Microsoft knows you're making throwaway e-mail accounts, and wants to make that process easier.

Today, Hotmail is getting a new feature aimed at "e-mail enthusiasts," which lets anyone create multiple e-mail accounts that can be read, replied to, and managed from their everyday e-mail inbox. These additional e-mail addresses can be had in the same manner as signing up for new accounts, but they require no extra log-ins or upkeep.

It looks like a good thing. Though it is limited to five aliases now with plans to increase to only 15.
LarryE

Hotmail spam

Postby Jim27106 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:14 pm

If hotmail makes throw away accounts they should limit them to 5-10 messages sent with only 15-20 recipients per message.

Just today I got pump-n-dump spam on (MOBILE DATA CORP) MBYL.OB (fraud-sters, suckers, boiler-room operators probably own most of it now) and if you check the Financials you will see they have $16K and spent $330K last year. I doubt they met their last payroll.

Anyhow, I ramble. From eight different hotmail addresses I got the spam messages from tricksters pushing MBYL to suckers.
Jim27106

Return to General Discussion