Maximum message size for attachments through SG?

General discussion re sg.

Maximum message size for attachments through SG?

Postby classic » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:09 pm

Hello,

I tried sending an email to someone through an SG address of mine, but I got back this error message:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

+abc+myusernameonSG+abcdefgb6c1d.consum ... ourmet.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 552 552 Message size exceeds maximum permitted (state 18).
classic

Postby brotherkennyh » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:59 am

Hi,
I am not sure what the actual message limit is, if someone could post it that might be useful.

You could always do what I do;

I have my protected address and spamgourmet account as usual. Then I have another personal email address that I use for sending email. Messages sent to this address are forwarded to a spamgourmet address. From my prospective everything appears to be dealt with in my protected address account.
If you use an email program that allows you to have more than one account, like Outlook, you can change the sending account as you write the email. This secondary address is effectively a send only address.

The mail server for the second address I have has a good attachment limit and is very quick to forward emails. It also makes it easy for me to use reply all without creating spamgourmet reply addresses for the recipients. You just have to replace the original senders email address so it does not go through spamgoumet.

I should say though that I only use this address for personal contacts so there isn't a great risk of it falling into the hands of the spammers. If this does happen I will just open a new account.

Cheers

Kenny
brotherkennyh

Return to General Discussion