List of disposable email services

General discussion re sg.

List of disposable email services

Postby jgombos » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:28 am

Here's a very complete list of disposable email providers:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/archive/ ... 97360.html

Now if we could only get a complete list of forums who block disposable registrations, we could be spared wasting time registering.
jgombos

Re: List of disposable email services

Postby gourmet » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:33 am

Why Gmail isn't listed, it's easy to register accounts and just simply abandon those.

And many other serivces are missing too which I just spotted out when checking out your list.
gourmet

Postby jgombos » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:34 pm

The list was created by a forum administrator who intends to deny accounts to all users who have a disposable email address. Listing gmail would have probably denied too many users - such a forum would be short on users.

It would be an interesting question to ask him though, because he is obviously discriminating unfairly. Gmail is the only full featured email provider in the world that allows address modifiers (eg. you can have an address like gourmet@gmail... and distribute an address like gourmet+anythingUwant@gmail..)

But you can't create as many gmail accounts as you want. Google limits accounts to two per person, and it's enforced. You can pop3 download from one, and imap download from the other, but if you try to download from different accounts using the same protocol from the same IP within a short span of time, the server will deny the connection.
jgombos

Postby gourmet » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:29 pm

That is just why domain banning won't ever work. You can use so many domains that it's impossible to get all blocked. Also there are many many email services where account creation takes about same time it takes at http://trashmail.net/ like www.safe-mail.net you can create account in less than 15 seconds. And it's ready to go. Even previous email address isn't required. So it's also good for privacy, and of course https used.

So making this kind of lists won't help at all. I know many other services that allow instant autogenerated account creation.

and it's enforced.

Lulz, not working either. I have 8 appengine accounts. Google requires cell phone number for activation, I just used anonymous phone numbers to generate accounts. So none of the encorcements google is currently using is really working. Even asking confirmation by visa payment is easy to work around by using anonymous visa or stolen visa.

They also allow account creation using tor and many proxies and vpn services. When you combine those with stolen credentials it's quite hard to find out who you are. Of course it's not impossible, but for them it's practically impossible.
Last edited by gourmet on Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
gourmet

Postby jgombos » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:58 pm

gourmet wrote:Lulz, not working either.

Of course it is. I've seen the block. What I said about the access denial wasn't speculation.
gourmet wrote:They also allow account creation using tor and many proxies and vpn services.

If you circumvent googles enforcement mechanism, of course you'll be able to use many accounts. That doesn't mean it "doesn't work". That's like saying enforcing a crime doesn't work because some people manage to get away with it.

Who wants 8 google accounts badly enough to bother circumventing the rule? Google accounts are limiting compared to other providers.
jgombos

Return to General Discussion