Cannot manage my addresses

General discussion re sg.

Cannot manage my addresses

Postby mq2 » Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:37 pm

Hello,

since today I cannot manage my spamgourmet email-addresses anymore.

In advanced mode the "show addresses" link only goes to the anvanced mode page again.

I emptied my browser cache, killed all cookies, tried to use Mozilla as well as IE... I cannot get this working. Bad thing.

Has anyone else this problem?

greetings,
mq2
mq2

Postby josh » Tue Feb 10, 2004 2:03 pm

I can't get that to happen. Are you still having the same problem? If so, could you post the URL that's in your web browser after you click the link?

If you have time, could you "view source" in advanced mode and either email the result to info or post it here?
josh

Try clicking on the English flag

Postby SysKoll » Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:53 pm

mq2,

You might have a problem with your language setting. Try resetting it by going to the main page and clicking on the US/English flag to pick the English language. Then try again the advanced mode and let us know.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:15 am

josh wrote:Are you still having the same problem? If so, could you post the URL that's in your web browser after you click the link?

Hmm. Today it works again. (without resetting my language settings)

Yesterday the link went to http://www.spamgourmet.com/disposableem ... advanced=1

now it goes correctly to
http://www.spamgourmet.com/disposableem ... myemails=1

So I have no idea, what was the problem.

Postby josh » Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:13 pm

There was a problem, but we fixed it -- my bad.
josh

Advanced mode

Postby fixer » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:45 pm

Having the same problem of not getting to advanced mode.
fixer

Postby SysKoll » Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:38 pm

Are you using a specific language? Or just English?
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby webnet » Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:31 am

josh wrote:There was a problem, but we fixed it -- my bad.

I guess "my bad" is a new "my mistake" or "I'm bad"... where did that originate, and when (I'm an old guy now) ?

Anyway, whatever you cured, it might have crept in again. I was wondering as the "show my disposable addresses" button, mentioned in the text describing features in advanced mode, was not shown to me. I used the "search addresses" option to zap the new address a spammer used. I'd still love a way to completely delete entries (I have over 100 and some were for testing - yes, I know I can hide them, but if I later re-used the keyword it may start eating mail I want). Thanks anyway, a great facility.
webnet

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:36 am

webnet wrote: in advanced mode, was not shown to me.

Ooops - URL was http://www.spamgourmet.com/disposableemail.pl?advanced=1 and I am using English.

Postby SysKoll » Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:44 pm

To quote Josh in the "what's new" page:
I changed the link "show my disposable addresses" to be a search box -- that way, you can enter the maintenance area with a search if you like, rather than displaying all addresses (many users have so many addresses that it was starting to put a load on the server). If you want to see all addresses, just hit the "search addresses" button with no search terms.

So that's what happened to the link. Just hit the search button instead. Or even better, be nice to the server and just enter the disposable you want to examine!
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:22 pm

SysKoll wrote:Or even better, be nice to the server and just enter the disposable you want to examine!

or possibly allow deleting the entries ? Thanks for explaining. I guess someone will alter the descriptive text when they have time.

Postby josh » Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:04 pm

I updated the descriptive text (in English and Spanish...).

We've had a number of requests to be able to delete addresses -- what's keeping us from adding the feature is the confusion it would cause for those users who don't fully appreciate the way "auto-create" works -- all accounts are that there are many more such users than those who would appreciate the implications.

The stock remedy is, of course, to "hide" the addresses - I realize this can be arduous, given that you must do so one at a time.

Soon, I think, we'll be improving the user interface on the big list of addresses, so that you can do some updates directly from there, en masse.
josh

Return to General Discussion