German FAQ not up to date

General discussion re sg.

German FAQ not up to date

Postby wary » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:31 am

The FAQ states:
F. Wow. Ich besitze eine nicht genutzte Domain, die ich f?r Spamgourmet benutzen m?chte. Wie geht das?
A. Vorzugsweise lassen Sie Ihren ISP alle Mails an Ihre Mails an @spamgourmet.com weiterleiten. Wenn er sendmail benutzt k?nnte in die virtusertable-Datei die folgende Zeile eingetragen werden:

@youridledomain.com %1@spamgourmet.com

Weniger zu empfehlen ist die Weiterleitung aller E-Mails an Ihre Adresse spamcowboy@spamgourmet.com. Wenn Sie eines Tages die Domain f?r andere Zwecke brauchen und E-Mail-Adressen dieser Domain in verschiedensten Spam-Listen stehen, k?nnten Sie unangenehm ?berrascht werden.

In German and the following in English!
Q. Wow, I have an idle domain I'd like to use for spamgourmet addresses. How can I do that?
A. The preferred method would be to get your ISP to forward all mail for the domain to the recipient user @ spamgourmet.com. For instance, with sendmail, your ISP could add a line like:

@youridledomain.com %1@spamgourmet.com
in the virtusertable file. The less preferred method is to forward all mail for your domain to the address spameater@spamgourmet.com. Think hard before you do this though, because if your domain winds up in countless spam lists and then, one day, you decide to bring it back into normal service, your mail hoster may be unpleasantly surprised. Note: for the longest time, it was not necessary to even let us know about doing this. An upgrade is imminent that will require that we know about all such domains in order for them to keep functioning (necessary to resolve another problem). So, if you're setting up your domain, please send an email and let us know so we can add it to the configuration. If you currently have a domain set up, please let us know so we can add it to the configuration.

The German version is not up to date and also partially wrong!!!
I had some strange problems because of this!

Please change the last paragraph in the German version to this:
Weniger zu empfehlen ist die Weiterleitung aller E-Mails an die Adresse spameater@spamgourmet.com. Wenn Sie eines Tages die Domain f?r andere Zwecke brauchen und E-Mail-Adressen dieser Domain in verschiedensten Spam-Listen stehen, k?nnten Sie unangenehm ?berrascht werden.

Lange Zeit war es nicht einmal n?tig, uns zu informieren wenn Sie Ihre eigene Domain benutzen wollten. Derzeit ist es allerdings n?tig, uns zu informieren, wenn Sie eine eigene Domain benutzen wollen. Bitte senden Sie uns dazu eine email!
wary

Postby josh » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:23 pm

heh - I'll make the change. It should be noted that spameater@spamgourmet.com isn't working either at the moment...
josh

Return to General Discussion