i Get derivery error: "address disabled (state 14).&

General discussion re sg.

i Get derivery error: "address disabled (state 14).&

Postby classic » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:22 am

I've tried sending 2 emails today through 2 masked email address. I get an error message back saying:
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

+mountaintop+classic+XXXXXXX.hikingfan# ... ourmet.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 554 554 5.7.1 address disabled (state 14).

What's going on?

EDIT: removed the hash
classic

Postby SysKoll » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:31 pm

I think we had a configuration mistake that caused the error. It should be solved by now. If the problem persists, please let us know.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

What's the importance of the hash?

Postby classic » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:37 pm

Dear System Admin,
I noticed the edit (removed the hash) on my post. What's the hash and why is it, I infer, a secret?

What happens when my hash gets into the wrong hands?
classic

Postby SysKoll » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:26 pm

The hash is not a secret. It's just part of the masked reply address. It's so that the server knows this is a reply with masking.

The partial anonymization performed by removing the hash will make sure that the address you ported will not be used for spamming. Remember that every time you post an email address on a forum (including this one), address scaper bots will collect it and add it to an email address database for spam campaigns. With a bit of luck, the scrapers will not already have collected the full email, and attemps to use the version with the missing hash will fail.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

THANKS

Postby classic » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:37 pm

SysKoll,
Thanks for explaining hash.

Just to let you know the

"
+mountaintop+classic+XXXXXXX.hikingfan# ... ourmet.com
" address I posted in the Original Post was something I made up.
I didn't create an email address hikingfan <at> hotmail , masked as coming from mountaintop DOT classic @ spamgourmet dot com..

But thank you very much for your precautionary measure. Next time, I will remove the hash.

THANKS For fixing the problem. I no longer get any Error Delivery messages.
classic

Postby elseesea » Wed May 27, 2009 1:29 am

I am having the same problem, sending to various destionation domains (aol.com, mchsi.com) using the "send an email from one of your addresses" feature.

The error that the other server returned was: 554 554 5.7.1 address disabled (state 14)
elseesea

Postby phule » Wed May 27, 2009 8:06 pm

I'm getting a very similar problem but with one Spamgourmet.com (hereafter SG) address only.

When a relative of mine sends me email at the SG address I've told them is my address, the msg gets to me just fine. But if I reply or send a new msg, it's rejected by the Spamgourmet server with the reason

5.7.1 address disabled

??????????
phule
phule

ERROR HAS COME UP AGAIN

Postby classic » Thu May 28, 2009 4:28 am

SysKoll wrote:I think we had a configuration mistake that caused the error. It should be solved by now. If the problem persists, please let us know.

Hi,

The problem got fixed when you fixed it. BUT it's the problem has returned. PLease help.
classic

Return to General Discussion