do we need more SG domains?

General discussion re sg.

do we need more SG domains?

Postby DyNama » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:09 am

i was just playing around looking for some cool .com domains for spamgourmet, and came up with these 3 available:

chewtrain.com
bitefever.com
mysterymeateater.com

anyone who wants a domain to donate to SG can have these. i may register a domain, maybe 1 of these, maybe not, if i could find a really, really cheap registry. anyone know of one that's really, really cheap registering for at least 5 years?
DyNama

Re: do we need more SG domains?

Postby gourmet » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:38 am

DyNama wrote:i was just playing around looking for some cool .com domains for spamgourmet, and came up with these 3 available:

IMHO

My personal opinion is that SG got enough domains. And I think that performance problems are also partly due too many domains. Because more you got domain names, more crap you'll collect.

Just right now SG provides bit high latency when delivering email. But it still works. But as you might know, servers have been overloaded almost all the time, so i wouldn't like to add more domains.
gourmet

Postby DyNama » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:39 pm

more domains wouldnt necessarily mean more email, would it? oh, your saying each domain would get spam, so the more domains, the more spam, and not client spam, just the general random spam.

me, i just like lots and lots of variety :D i check 15 mailboxes several times a day! i've variously used 4 different domains for my SG addresses, only cuz i didnt know about most of the others. i don't know why, chewtrain.com just struck me funny...and i didnt even notice the pun from choo-choo train till just now. (choo-choo-train.net is available!)
DyNama

Return to General Discussion