Set 9ox.net as default ?

General discussion re sg.

Set 9ox.net as default ?

Postby ronbarak » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:01 am

Hi,

Is it possible to set the default domain name to be differenet than spamgourmet.com ?

For instance, I always use 9ox.net (I find that some people do not react favourably to domain names with the word "spam" in them, and besides, it's less typing).
Is there a way to set 9ox.net as my default for new temporary addresses ?

Bye,
Ron.
ronbarak

Postby josh » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:27 pm

I'm not sure I know what you mean -- the addresses are created when they're first used, and they're used by people who you gave them to, so just give them 9ox addresses.... ?
josh

Postby ronbarak » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:45 am

[quote="josh"]I'm not sure I know what you mean -- the addresses are created when they're first used, and they're used by people who you gave them to, so just give them 9ox addresses.... ?[/quote]

What I meant was, when you go to the [url]send a message from one of your disposable addresses[/url] page, the default domain in the Domain combobox always shows [b]spamgourmet.com[/b] which I always manually change to [b]9ox.net[/b]. I'd like to set [b]9ox.net[/b] as the default.
ronbarak

Postby josh » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:11 pm

oh..... I'll have to think about that. The most straightforward way (least impact to the server) would be a new cookie, but that would be a persistent cookie (yuck) and wouldn't hop browsers with you, of course. Outside of that, it's a change to the database.
josh

Postby gourmet » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:45 am

josh wrote:Outside of that, it's a change to the database.

Cookies are naturally deleted everytime when browser is closed. So it's not really working solution.

It would be nice to be able to set default domain, and that option naturally should be saved to db.

Offtopic: I have been wondering lack of development and changes with SG. But actually I think that current solution is working pretty well, except server performance issues.
gourmet

Return to General Discussion