Spamgourmet addresses bounce back to sender

General discussion re sg.

Spamgourmet addresses bounce back to sender

Postby Lancer » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:34 am

I got this part time job recently as a mystery shopper. You'd think they'd get me to shop for small items, but no... it turns out I'm test driving luxury cars like the top of the line Mercedes, BMW and Lexus models.

Part of my assessing the car companies is in seeing how well they respond to me filling in their online forms, for which I give them a xoxy.net address.

I was wondering why BMW hadn't responded to my questions. When I eventually phoned them, the dealer said he had replied, but that the email bounced back saying that xoxy.net could not be found.

BMW don't do things on the cheap. You can bet they are using a proper ISP for their email.

It's kind of freaking me out that I've got xoxy.net email addresses on my CV's which I'm relying on for finding work. How do I know if employers aren't able to get in touch with me?
Lancer

Postby lwc » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

I just resorted to putting a http link instead, which leads to my site which has a contact form (that goes directly to my real address which isn't used in the HTML). It also shows you have your own site.
lwc

Re: Spamgourmet addresses bounce back to sender

Postby Jim27106 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:23 pm

Lancer wrote:It's kind of freaking me out that I've got xoxy.net email addresses on my CV's which I'm relying on for finding work. How do I know if employers aren't able to get in touch with me?

This has been addressed elsewhere, but most people figure to put a real email address on a CV. The exception is an online job site, such as Monster (because a few jobs out there are "business oportunities").
Jim27106

Return to General Discussion