Question to spamgourmet regarding higher-volume addresses.

General discussion re sg.

Question to spamgourmet regarding higher-volume addresses.

Postby crusti » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:48 am

Hi there,

I love the service, and I've been using it for years. I want to thank you for providing it. One of a kind, in spite of the many services out there. Truly has saved me from lots of spam.

I have a question to the spamgourmet folks...

What would be a reasonable fuzzy maximum of messages to be forwarded through the service for an individual? I want to make sure I'm not abusing the service.

Lately I've been looking closely at my usage of the service and there are a few high-volume addresses through which flow a total of a few dozen emails daily. I want to be fair in my use of the site. I've eliminated one of of these higher-volume addresses by using my real email address at the source, since it doesn't seem to lead to a lot of spam. However it's something I don't know if I need to be concerned about.

Cheers!
Crusti

p.s. I did read http://bbs.spamgourmet.com/viewtopic.php?t=313
crusti

Postby josh » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:19 pm

Thanks for the concern -- we have throttling in place (with limits far above what you mentioned) to combat the issue of floods of emails from particular accounts.

But if it's easy to do something that takes a load off the server (20 messages itself is not significant, but if thousands of users did that, then it would add up), please do :)
josh

Thanks, this is good to know.

Postby crusti » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:28 pm

Thanks josh, this is good to know.
I hope Tuesday is treating you well :o)

Cheers,
crusti
crusti

Return to General Discussion