Alternatives to @spamgourmet.com

General discussion re sg.

Alternatives to @spamgourmet.com

Postby W3bbo » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:47 am

A number of websites are beginning to recognise that @spamgourmet.com isn't a domain where people's real email addresses go. I tried signing up for some Vector art conversion service website that rejected @spamgourmet.com.

Are there any plans to introduce other domain names that are handled by SG's servers, but aren't recognised by any "email domains to avoid" blacklists? Maybe paying customers of the service could have access to an ever-changing list of available domains. The paying fee could go towards continuously registering new domain names?
W3bbo

Postby miniscus » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:45 pm

I have had probs with spamgourmet.xxx, xoxy.net and some others like recursor.net. But I allways found one domain that works, except once IIRC.

It helps to leave out the center part of the address determining the number of mails allowed (then defaulting to your setting on your "no-brainer mode" page).

There are at least 25 domains availlable now. I will not list them here for obvious reasons, but your can spend some time searching the forum and the FAQ to find them.

Beyond that, I agree with your idea of a paid service. I want Spamgourmet set up as a reliable service for the future.

The consequences regarding spammers "uselessly" bombarding spamgourmet and inventing addresses need consideration, and many other things mentioned in the forum before.

I think there are no plans for that. And my impression is, that the responsible workers here understandably have other priorities and interests lately.

I am sure this will change again someday, after another major problem shows up I am afraid.
Arick
miniscus

Return to General Discussion