Suggestion: Reply address masking in custom header?

General discussion re sg.

Suggestion: Reply address masking in custom header?

Postby SkiToDie » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:15 pm

I recently disabled Reply Address Masking and enabled Hide Subject Tagline. This has really made the header info much easier to scan in the email list. However, now when I want to reply to an email I have to log into the web page and generate the reply address.

Is there any chance that you could put the masked reply address in a custom header as you do with the X-Spamgourmet header for the hidden subject tagline? Something like X-SpamgourmetReply would be perfect.

Thanks for the excellent service.
SkiToDie

Postby josh » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:08 am

I can see why hiding the subject tagline makes it easier to scan, but why disabling reply address masking?
josh

Postby SkiToDie » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:44 am

If I leave reply address masking on, then the sender field has the reply address in it. It also seems fairly inconsistent depending on how the sender's email program formatted the original address. If there were a custom header field for the masked reply address, then it would always be consistent and the sender would appear as intended in the email list.

By the way, I'm using Thunderbird for email with the Mnenhy add-on to display custom headers.
SkiToDie

Postby josh » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:39 pm

but if the masked reply address (or "redirection address", as we've tended to call it) is in a custom header field and not the From: line, then when you reply to the address, your message won't get redirected through spamgourmet, right? Or am I missing something?
josh

Postby SkiToDie » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:44 pm

That is correct. However, it would be much quicker and easier to cut and paste the custom header field into a new message than go to the web page to generate the reply address. It should also be possible to get Thunderbird to allow me to click on the field to generate a new email as well, though I haven't investigated this possibility.
SkiToDie

Return to General Discussion