Hotmail losing emails

General discussion re sg.

Hotmail losing emails

Postby SysKoll » Tue May 01, 2007 3:36 pm

We have been experiencing delays due to a DNS problem. However, Hotmail users might have suffered from lost emails due to an overly eager spam filter. See The Register's article:

http://www.theregister.com/2007/05/01/h ... ndly_fire/
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby Odomus » Tue May 01, 2007 6:17 pm

And not just Hotmail... lately I have been getting the SG fowards in my Spam folder as well.... so check there is anyone uses them also.
The last 6 Emails have been put in there... which I find odd.
(Odder... I have received emails from these people before which never went into my Spam folder so go figure.)
Last edited by Odomus on Tue May 01, 2007 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.
Odomus

Postby SysKoll » Tue May 01, 2007 6:29 pm

Are you using gmail? Any trouble with it?
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby Odomus » Tue May 01, 2007 7:08 pm

Yes. That is why I said I was and that I have been getting them put into the Spam folder silly :wink: :P
Ones which never have gone in there before are now going in there.
This account I have yet to call anything spam I havent clicked that button once yet. Quite the opposite I have been clicking "This is NOT Spam" button since the Email were not supposed to be put in there.
Also...
It is what you would call a 'clean account', very unique and I have never used it for anything else. Only SG.
So, something is going on.... I dont know if it is Gmail(which i think it is) or it is Your DNS Email Fowarding header thing (Which I VERY VERY Doubt it is).

Hey hopefully you can answer it, Maybe not but It would be cool if you could LOL.
Little Mr Know it all :wink: :P :D
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.
Odomus

Postby SysKoll » Tue May 01, 2007 9:30 pm

That's weird.So gmail is flagging some forwarded messages as spam? That's not good.

Do me a favor: please send me few of these messages in a PM. If they are confidential, just include the headers.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby Odomus » Tue May 01, 2007 11:54 pm

OK will do they are on their way simple ones really... Nothing confidentail... gaming boards, and gaming and a few boards is all nothign big. BUt hey will be sent will omit my PW though if you dont mind... lol.
Odomus

Postby SysKoll » Wed May 02, 2007 1:46 pm

I went through the headers you sent me. There is absolutely no spam flagging, no X- header, and no indication of the reason why Gmail decided this was spam.

I can only guess that gmail tried to query our DNS while we had problems, timed out, and decided that our DNS was fake and that we were sneaky spammers.

If that hypothesis is true, no further messages forwarded from sg should be flagged as spam.

Let us know.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby Odomus » Wed May 02, 2007 1:58 pm

Ok cool thanks for the heads up, I will let you knwo if there are any others.

Now it is just the slowness of me receiving them still.
Taking it there is still problems that you are trying to correct?

I hope all goes well in finding and combating the problem.
Good luck and stay safe.

-Odomus
Odomus

Postby SysKoll » Wed May 02, 2007 3:20 pm

The speed of message delivery depends on the moment the external SMTP server tries to contact us. If it tries to reach us at a time when we have too many connections (DDoS), we won't accept the connection attempt and the server will have to queue the message and try again, which can take a few hours.

So you should have messages either within minutes or within a few of hours in the worst case.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby Odomus » Wed May 02, 2007 11:40 pm

Well just so you know ffew usually means 3... Not correcting... but I agree with you 1-3 hours...
latley it has been 11-16-24 and one way back when was 32.... but i havent hit 32 yet latley.
But a few is a keep your fingers crossed one.

Question... is there any domain that is better than the rest? You can PM me which one you think is better.... cause mamber as every knows I use which is the only one i have been using that one seems the worst out of all of them so far in speed time.
Odomus

Postby SysKoll » Thu May 03, 2007 2:55 pm

Nope, all domains are processed by the same machine and are therefore treated the same. So no favorites here, we are an equal opportunity delayer...
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby Odomus » Thu May 03, 2007 5:15 pm

LOL, you are funny. Thanks for the info... you made me laugh and that is very hard to do thanks. *manly hug*

Well hopefully whoever is slowing it down DDoS wise will stop... I dont see a point in it, unelss it is to cause heartache for thoes who do use SG... Kinda mean really.
Odomus

Postby fmus » Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:20 pm

SysKoll wrote:That's weird.So gmail is flagging some forwarded messages as spam? That's not good.

For me, spamgourmet+gmail is heaven. about 1% of my SG-forwarded mail gets sent to Spam folder, but I think it's a function of the content, not the forwarding from SG. I always mark it as "not spam" in case gmail learns from this.
fmus

Return to General Discussion