"Could not send" and "Returned mail" mes

General discussion re sg.

"Could not send" and "Returned mail" mes

Postby SkiToDie » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:35 pm

I've been receiving some random emails in my protected email account that have the following headers:

Subject: "Warning: could not send message for past 4 hours ([ADDRESS]: message 1 of 6)"
From: +[ADDRESS]+[USER]+111f0d8a50.MAILER-DAEMON#gourmet.spamgourmet.com@spamgourmet.com
Date: 4/27/2007 5:39 PM
To: [ADDRESS].for.[USER]@spamgourmet.com

and

Subject: Returned mail: see transcript for details ([ADDRESS]: message 3 of 6)
From: +[ADDRESS]+[USER]+0c23e392f0.MAILER-DAEMON#gourmet.spamgourmet.com@spamgourmet.com
Date: 4/29/2007 3:39 AM
To: [ADDRESS].for.[USER]@spamgourmet.com

I've received 7 of these emails since last Thursday (4/26) night. Has anyone else had this happen? It looks like the spamgourmet server is trying to send a reply to the address, but it's failing. Then when it succeeds, the recipient (which are no-reply addresses) return the email. Any ideas? Was there any strangeness with the spamgourmet servers the past few days?
SkiToDie

Postby Odomus » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:58 pm

Just outa curiosity... dont give me your email addess but if the final domain you are sending it to gmail? Or another email domain?
If it is gmail all in all which is acting up... then we(they) might have a problem.

ONly reason why I ask is becuase I have also had this on a few emails, but mostly It is the time lag of them being sent.
I just got one which is 23hours old.

Maybe this will narrow it down a little more?
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.
Odomus

Postby blueice » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:01 pm

I've been getting "Undelivered Mail" since around last Thursday from two of my addresses, mainly, as well. Hopefully, we'll get an answer as to why this is happening.
blueice

Postby dvisor » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:22 pm

I've received 3 of these over the last 2 days, which were attempted to be sent to 3 completely different domains. It seems that when I am sent a mail via a spamgourmet address, spamgourmet sends a reply back to the originator(which fails to them). I've not experienced this problem before.
dvisor

Postby SysKoll » Tue May 01, 2007 1:17 pm

Folks,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Our DNS barfed all over the carpet. See http://bbs.spamgourmet.com/viewtopic.php?t=1009.

Email that has been delayed will be sent eventually.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Return to General Discussion