This address has been disabled. Negative remaining count.

General discussion re sg.

This address has been disabled. Negative remaining count.

Postby takeonenow » Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:36 am

I have a disposable email that somehow got into a "This address has been disabled." state.

It has a negative number in the Remaining column.

Is there any way to fix this?
takeonenow

Postby josh » Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:52 am

that's wild - I added that feature to be able to turn off some addresses that were being bombed, but that was a long time ago - it shouldn't happen automatically -- could you have typed the negative number in the web form?

Anyway, let me know the "word" of the address (you can post that here or send it to info at sg, I won't need the spamgourmet account or anything) and I can reset it.
josh

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:46 pm

josh wrote:that's wild - I added that feature to be able to turn off some addresses that were being bombed, but that was a long time ago - it shouldn't happen automatically -- could you have typed the negative number in the web form?

Anyway, let me know the "word" of the address (you can post that here or send it to info at sg, I won't need the spamgourmet account or anything) and I can reset it.

It happened when I got a bunch or stream of newsletter emails (when my remaining count was 0). The funny thing is it happens to some disposable emails but not others.

Postby josh » Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:37 am

I lowered the "disabled" threshold to -10

That should be enough to resist the race-condition clobbering that it sounds like your addresses took.
josh

Postby takeonenow » Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:14 pm

Thanks. So far it is holding up well.
takeonenow

Return to General Discussion