SG Chrome extension?

General discussion re sg.

SG Chrome extension?

Postby Soli » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:44 am

Hi, first time here...

I've been using SG for some time, but only recently felt that if SG was integrated into my browser (Google Chrome/Chromium) I'd use it even more efficielntly.

I've found the Firefox extension Spam Control (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/8057/) but was rather thinking about an SG specific extension with the same aims (context-menu creation of email addresses with some options).

First, does someone here know of such an extension?

Would (someone else than me) be interested, and if so, what features would you like?

I, personally, intend to have context-menu-based address insertion, but for instance, I tend to use as default rule, the domain asking for the address as "word", so I plan to include this kind of "word generation" option.

Thanks.
Soli

Postby Soli » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:15 pm

Ok... still haven't found anything, so here is a first try:
https://bitbucket.org/soliman/goormet/downloads/goormet.crx

[you'll need to install it by hand]

this is very preliminary, the icons might change (no idea who to contact to obtain the permission to use the "official" spamgourmet logo), the options are not complete yet, but you should get the idea...

Any comment welcome.
Soli

Postby Soli » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:07 pm

Well...

Answering to myself:

- the extension is now in Google Web Store:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/fcgkhbajjgppgllmednlkajnkdjbgggp

- I removed the .crx download from bitbucket, but kept the repository for dev and suport

- I kept the spamgourmet.com images but would of course change them if there is any such request...

Enjoy!
Soli

Postby DyNama » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:42 pm

kewl! will it work for firefox? i think i tried the FF add-on you mentioned on a previous puta but didn't reinstall it.
DyNama

Postby Soli » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:39 pm

Nope, unfortunately it won't work directly on FF, but since it's almost only JavaScript it should be quite easy to make it into an extension (may be a JetPack one) for FF...

I might look into that later on if some people are interested.
Soli

Re: SG Chrome extension?

Postby moofey » Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:51 pm

I realize this is super old, but I appreciated this extension, and now I cannot find it. Is it still available?
moofey

Postby Soli » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:22 am

Sorry but I didn't keep up with all the policy changes by Google so it was removed from the store… There's really not much in it so someone might want to take care of it using the bitbucket source, unfortunately I have no time for that any more.
Soli

Postby michaeldlr » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:41 pm

Soli don't see the repository on Bitbucket ("Repository not found"). Could you please consider uploading the code to the spamgourmet project on GitHub in the hope that someone might take it up later? I can set up an empty repository for you and give you the rights if you like.
michaeldlr

Postby Soli » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:07 pm

Yep, that's a good idea… I'll dig the code out tomorrow and push it to the repo of your choice…
Soli

Postby michaeldlr » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:26 am

Created as spamgourmet/goormet on github. Tell me your github userid and I can invite you. Make a pull request and I'll merge it.
michaeldlr

Postby Soli » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:42 am

I'm "soli" on github ;)

Oh waaaait, I actually had cloned (10 years ago ^^') my bitbucket repo on Github it seems (I had completely forgotten about it).
So, it's here: https://github.com/soli/goormet
Soli

Postby michaeldlr » Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:33 pm

Is there anyone around with the skills (some javascript) interest and bit of time to maintain the extension? moofey?
michaeldlr

Return to General Discussion