optonline blocking spamgourmet

Discussion of items in the "What's New" log.

optonline blocking spamgourmet

Postby info » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:23 pm

The ISP optonline ( http://www.optonline.net ) is blocking mail coming from our server, and not being very responsive to inquiries. If you are one of the many spamgourmet users who have a forwarding address with them, this explains why you're not getting email through spamgourmet. They may fix the problem, but as I mentioned, haven't responded much so far. If this affects you, you can a) contact optonline and see what's going on, b) change your forwarding address to be somewhere else, or c) live with it, I guess.
info
Site Admin

Postby ffm » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:53 pm

Just have your forwarding adress be another mail forwarder, look throught a list and pick one.
ffm

Postby ebx2 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:24 pm

I have a problem with this. I can't log in to my sg account without my (lost) password and the forwarding address on the account is an optonline addy, so I can't request a password reset either. Do I have any options other than abandoning the account? I'd rather not do that since a lot of wanted email comes through it.
ebx2

Postby SysKoll » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:56 am

ebx2,

Send a PM message to Josh or me. Include the following info:
* name of your sg account
* current forwarding address
* a new forwarding address
* as proof of ownership, also include 3 or more different disposable addresses that you used with that sg account.

If we are convinced, we will set the forwarding address in your account to the new one you'll provide.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Return to What's New