update

Discussion of items in the "What's New" log.

update

Postby info » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:15 am

Two issues with the move - neither is directly related. 1) We got our own SSL certificate from godaddy - it was working fine earlier today, but now seems to be coming back as some generic, self-signed localhost.localdomain cert - it was cheap - you get what you pay for, I suppose. The secure site is still secure, but you'll get these unnerving warnings - we'll try and get a better cert. 2) The old server is still up, trying to clear its queue. Because the domain name has moved to another box, but the reverse lookup is still the same (and maybe other hightly unintuitive reasons), some spamgourmet users [automatically?] reported the old box to spamcop as a source of spam, and it got blacklisted -- this means that if you are a spamgourmet user, and your mail server uses the spamcop blacklist, and you were waiting on a message, *you will probably never get it* - don't use blacklists, because they always do crazy stuff like this. It's depressing when your deadliest threat is friendly fire - we really need to stop doing this, folks.
info
Site Admin

Postby optimizer » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:23 am

Hi,
Yes, I haven't been able to access the spamgourmet site over the last day or 2.
On Firefox I've been getting a rediraction limit popup, and on IE it just bombs out.

Is that what the "Godaddy SSL cert" thing is causing?
or is the new server giving some hiccups.

Hope all is well soon
Thanks
optimizer

Postby josh » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:03 pm

That redirect thing is just a temporary dumbass configuration that you were unlucky enough to pick up and probably cache in your browser. It'll go away by itself soon, or you can clear your browser cache and flush your local DNS cache (win: ipconfig /flushdns, macosx: lookupd --fluchcache or something like that).
josh

Return to What's New