move complete

Discussion of items in the "What's New" log.

move complete

Postby info » Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:11 am

We're now totally up on the new servers (moved the bbs, too).
info
Site Admin

Postby mysticturner » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:48 pm

Took a while to get thru the backlog. Back on Tuesday Aug 1st, I redirected my email to my work account for a few hours to get one piece of mail thru. Then I switched it back. Yesterday, Aug 13th, at 10:51 am, my work account got two emails that had been re-directed. They were of minor importance, so no big deal. Just thought you might like to hear.

Thanks for all the work on getting new servers up Guys! Y'all are the greatest! (yes I'm a Texan too - from Big D).

Kind of a side note - during the meltdown, I started using meinspamschutz - the German server that went into service several months ago. Don't understand much German, but I've got an ID there now as well and it worked great. I'm considering spreading some of my workload around.
mysticturner

Postby josh » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:44 pm

The new system, like the old, is in California -- not that I'm parochial, but I did try to find one in Texas (H-town, preferably), but the decision factors still indictated another cali isp.

We are hopefully now up to the service level provided by meinspamschutz :)
josh

Postby Paranoid2000 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:02 pm

Congratulations on the move and hope all goes well with the new server! (speaking only partially for selfish reasons... ;))
Paranoid2000

Return to What's New