new domains - spamcowboy com/net/org

Discussion of items in the "What's New" log.

new domains - spamcowboy com/net/org

Postby info » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:12 pm

We added three new domains: spamcowboy.com, spamcowboy.net, and spamcowboy.org for your spam blocking convenience.
info
Site Admin

?

Postby garsh » Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:28 am

So, how do we use these new domains?

I tried using my current spamgourmet account, substituting "spamcowboy" for "spamgourmet", but it didn't work.

I tried going to http://www.spamcowboy.com to register an account, but the website is currently just parked at godaddy.
garsh

Postby SysKoll » Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:32 pm

No, no, the web site did not change its URL.

The new domains mean that when you give out a disposable to someone, you can put @spamcowboy.com (or .net, or .org) as the domain.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:38 pm

SysKoll wrote:The new domains mean that when you give out a disposable to someone, you can put @spamcowboy.com (or .net, or .org) as the domain.

And as I stated, that did not work.

But I finally received a "delivery failed" for the test email I sent:
----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<test.2.removed@spamcowboy.com>
(reason: 553 sorry, relaying denied from your location [24.154.1.20]
(#5.7.1))

Any idea why relaying was denied? This is just one of zoominternet's email servers. I have no problem using spamgourmet.com.

Postby josh » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:15 pm

yeeks! DNS was not properly set up for the domains (it is now, but it'll take a little while for things to get level-set). Makes me glad this is a free service :)
josh

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:15 pm

Thanks for the new domain names. Would be even more useful to have some additional domain names with a more conservative name. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with whatever you want to give me. The Spamgourmet service is the most valuable tool I use on the Internet.

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:21 am

Here here!!

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:25 pm

I find it ironic that the examples in the website instructions included loads of references to this very same word, as a username
frombigcorp.3.spamcowboy ... spamgourmet . com
saddlesoap.3.spamcowboy ... spamgourmet . com
OuchRopeBurn.2.spamcowboy ... spamgourmet . com
backinthesaddle.6.spamcowboy ... spamgourmet . com
Does this mean that all that soap-on-a-rope-burn-saddlesore-ouch stuff invokes some OTHER special features? Is the spamgourmet server located in the West Village [N.Y. City] by any chance? :shock: [ha-ha]

Return to What's New