new feature - hide subject tagline

Discussion of items in the "What's New" log.

new feature - hide subject tagline

Postby info » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:51 pm

We just added a way to turn on and off a new feature that allows you to hide the subject tagline (e.g., (word - message 4 of 4) or (someone - trusted sender for your account)). If the feature is activated, the same information will be placed in an X-header (X-Spamgourmet) in the messages you receive. You can access this feature in advanced mode.
info
Site Admin

:D

Postby SpicoliSocal » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:01 pm

excellent {mr burns' voice}

I had always wondered if the "other side" could see that subject line, but not enough to actually test it myself. Thanks for the X-header options. That's going to be my new accounts default.

Thanks again for your awesome, free service
SpicoliSocal

Postby josh » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:00 pm

BTW, the "other side" probably can't see it anyway -- we do a pretty good job of stripping it out in replies (provided you have reply address masking enabled, of course)
josh

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:59 pm

Specifically, EVERYTHING in the subject line of your reply which follows an open parenthesis AND the matching 'disposable word' will be deleted [along with the parenthesis and disposable word]. If these two items are present, the rest of the subject is deleted, even if it is not related to spamgourmet, or even if you have modified it. Note the subject need not be complete for deletion - for example, the final parenthesis could be missing.

Examples:

Blah-blah (disposableword . . . - WILL be deleted, starting at the open parenthesis.

Blah-blah disposableword . . . - will NOT be deleted.

Blah-blah (inserted something disposableword . . . will NOT be deleted.

Blah-blah (disposableword . . . added something, removed the final parenthesis . . . WILL be deleted, starting at the open parenthesis.

Re: new feature - hide subject tagline

Postby Sebastian » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:50 pm

info wrote:We just added a way to turn on and off a new feature that allows you to hide the subject tagline...

Hurray! :D

Err - yeah, anything more to say? :wink:
Sebastian

Postby tcgraham » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:21 pm

Thanks for the suject tag line feature. Things just keep getting better.
tcgraham

Postby Tarkus » Thu May 19, 2005 9:48 pm

Does it still warn you when you get to the last message? If not, consider that a request. :wink:
Tarkus

Postby Guest » Fri May 20, 2005 4:04 am

you get the warning, but it's in the X-Header

Postby Tarkus » Fri May 20, 2005 1:43 pm

I was speaking of something more obvious, such as in the subject line as before. I love this new option, but do wish there was more of a warning when the count got below a certain level, or at least when it got to the last message. It's cumbersome to check the headers at Yahoo! Mail.
Tarkus

Feature Request

Postby TheBashar » Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:37 am

Hi,

I'd like to request an option to be able to turn off the subject line annotation, but to have it reappear just before (3 msgs?) the address is going to expire.

Thanks
TheBashar

Postby Tarkus » Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:35 am

That's pretty much what I was requesting, TheBashar.

I have just about all my addresses set up with exclusives, but they could change their address without me noticing, and they'd eventually get cut off.
Tarkus

Postby Prognathous » Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:42 pm

Great feature (thanks!), though I totally with Tarkus. Without one such last warning, things can get messy.

Prog.
Prognathous

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:43 pm

Maybe, in case of "hiding" being active, send a final extra warning mail instead of subject taglines.

Return to What's New