the queue from december's cataclysm

Discussion of items in the "What's New" log.

the queue from december's cataclysm

Postby josh » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:55 pm

As many of you know, we had some major trouble in December that resulted in an outage, and a huge backlog in the mail queue. To restore service, we moved the queue offline. So far, we've been taking requests to retrieve specific messages from that queue, but today, we're making some wholesale efforts to clear it altogether. For this reason, you may be getting some messages from mid-december (better late than never :)). This may continue over the next few days.
josh

Postby William » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:03 am

Ah hah! So thats why I just got my old email that had my password to bluesnews so I could post messages. I was thinking the problem was on thier end lol. Well I appreciate you going through the queue I have a few other messages that might be in there too.
If you need my ID let me know.
William

Postby josh » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:05 am

I, too, am getting mail from 3 weeks ago -- several messages informing me the website is down -- I responded to the first one, and he replied that he'd sent the message way back when...

Sort of a blast-from-the-not-so-distant-past kind of effect.
josh

Holy cow! I'm utterly dependent.

Postby antichefLover » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:43 am

I'd been blaming everyone else for the lack of email back then, and now they're just arriving. I'm afraid I've become totally dependent on spamgourmet. If it ever disappeared much of my online life would go with it. I'm off to make a donation!
antichefLover

Postby antichefLover » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:50 am

Done. And the reciept's already arrived, via antichef...

Thanks,

Everybody should donate.
antichefLover

Re: the queue from december's cataclysm

Postby LostMail » Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:59 am

josh wrote:For this reason, you may be getting some messages from mid-december (better late than never :)).

Thank you! I got all I needed!
LostMail

Great job!

Postby abienvenu » Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:58 am

That you very much, I got all missing emails. You are the master!
abienvenu

I too, took SPAMGOURMET for granted...

Postby brew » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:26 pm

Never dreamed the service was down, like others, I complained to the other folks... oh well they really did ship my order and send me the tracking number. :oops:

Well it prompted me to finally make a donation. :D

Thanks JOSH for all your efforts, I love this service and would be lost without it. :!:
brew

Postby josh » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:52 pm

thanks to everyone who donated!

We're pretty much through clearing the queue.
josh

Freaked!

Postby muttdog » Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:44 pm

josh wrote:thanks to everyone who donated!

We're pretty much through clearing the queue.

Woah, I got freaked for a while there. Back when this all went down, I was resetting a password, and that is how i knew there was a problem.

But yesterday I got about 10 emails saying my password was reset blah blah blah, i htought I had a hacker on my hands!
muttdog

Postby josh » Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:36 pm

we don't send emails to say that your password *was* reset -- just an email with a link that lets you reset the password. Those may be viruses....
josh

Happy that december's cataclysm is sorted out

Postby Christoph Thomas » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:36 pm

Josh, I'm very happy, that you and your team maintain spamgourmet. Hence, I've sent a donation right now. Have a nice year 2005 and don't stop maintenance this decade.
Christoph Thomas

Return to What's New