terminology change

Discussion of items in the "What's New" log.

terminology change

Postby info » Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:04 am

I just changed the terminology a bit: instead of a "forwarding address", we now have a "protected address". This may make things clearer or not -- unfortunately, the real reason for the change is that for some reason google has been showing email forwarding related ads instead of spam related ads, and the revenue from the ads has gone way down (yes, below the cost of the service, but there's no financial crisis!!!). Anyway, hopefully this change will bring back the happy spam ads and all will return to normal. Such is the strange and brave new world we inhabit... On the subject of the ads, please *don't* click on them merely out of a desire make money for sg -- please only do so if you're genuinely interested in the advertisement. Any crazy clicking tends to get a site shut down :(
info
Site Admin

Postby SysKoll » Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:07 am

OK, so I assume translators have to update their pages, for consistency if not for ad revenues.

Please let us know which files you changed during that update (you did record it, right?)
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby josh » Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:31 pm

Sure -- it is just the English stuff that drives the ad revenues, I believe.

I changed the dialogs "forwardingaddress", "forwardingaddressupdated", and "provideforwardingaddress", as well as going through nobrainercontent.html

Consistency is the only reason to change them, and so there's no rush.
josh

Return to What's New