bbs certificate expired

Discussion of items in the "What's New" log.

bbs certificate expired

Postby josiah » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:12 am

The management portal for bbs is a set of credentials my dad did not put on his password manager. I will be working with support tomorrow.

Josiah

Edit: fixed
Last edited by josiah on Mon May 11, 2020 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
josiah

Re: bbs certificate expired

Postby derday » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:51 pm

I don't like user who hijack threads but please check also this thread about mail problems with some SG server to united internet (host of gmx mailserver)
there has no official note until today :cry:
derday

Postby lwc » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:25 pm

As for the official subject, here's the original report (just for the record).
lwc

Postby lwc » Fri May 08, 2020 1:38 pm

Any update on the matter?
These forums are still inaccessible unless you manually locate and click the "enter anyway" link (and ignore the big "please don't do it!" warning).
lwc

Postby josiah » Mon May 11, 2020 4:37 am

Fixed, you'd probably see. I had no way of telling the host was associated with an account we use on namecheap, but apparently it is, revealed after I chatted with support.

derday wrote:I don't like user who hijack threads but please check also this thread about mail problems with some SG server to united internet (host of gmx mailserver)
there has no official note until today :cry:

I have been PM'ing with Beneter about it, giving him logs that he might feed to his escalated ticked with United. Sorry I've been quiet about it.
josiah

Postby Clewby » Wed May 13, 2020 11:23 am

Thank you for resolving this problem.

I am very grateful that you opted to continue offering the spamgourmet service, and I hope teething troubles like this one do not reduce your motivation to continue. It can be hard when all that seems to happen is that you get criticised by people who feel a false sense of entitlement to this graciously provided free service.

Obviously, problems need to be reported and dealt with, which can be dispiriting, but I hope you are rewarded by knowing that a large number of silent users are, if they think about it, actually happy that the service continues to exist.

I think you have handled the transition very well, and I am sure that if you need help in running the service there are users who can offer substantive support. All you need to do is signal clearly that you would like, or need, some help.

It is inevitable that further problems and challenges will come in the future: I hope they are small ones, easily resolved by you, and you don't feel swamped. It is in all our interests that you feel on top of things, and if you need support, please do ask on the boards. I'm no expert, but I'm sure there are experts 'out there' willing to contribute when necessary.

Once again, thank you.
Clewby

Return to What's New