what's next

Discussion of items in the "What's New" log.

Re: what's next

Postby maelcum » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:19 pm

What a relief to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to give us an update.
So glad to hear you are still around and haven't given up the fight!! *ThumbsUp*
Please keep it that way. Makes us all happy!

josh wrote:I don't see us choosing to take new users .. but the continued service for existing users is looking totally doable and good.

Ha! If you plan on phasing out the site by waiting for us to perish, it'll take some time ...! :D
Tbh I am still surprised that there is so much work to do. I though SpamGourmet of being self-explanatory, at least for everybody in the business of handling (electronic) mails that would choose to contact you...
maelcum

Postby dki2707 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:42 pm

Dear Josh,

I woundn't mind paying 24$ per year to your kids or any other successor.

Enjoy the days with your family.
dki2707

Postby DyNama » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:42 pm

Best wishes to you, Josh. Thanx for SG, I've been using it for 17 years!

I am a programmer but the only programming languages I learned over 4 decades are BASIC, AutoLisp, and AutoHotkey. I got laid off my job of 30 years going on 10 years ago. Age is creeping up on me too, I had a mild heart attack in 2017. If there's anything I can do for SG, I'd do it.

Hang in there!
DyNama

Postby 2watspamgourmet » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:27 pm

Hello Josh,

thank you very much for SG for the many last years and also for the future and I hope, that you can continue it for a long time.
There is always a chance, even if it is very, very little but why shouldn't you be the one, where things surprisingly turns to a good way. (sorry, my english is not very good).

Another reason for me to write is that there is an organisation in Germany, which may be able to continue such a project, too. It's the CCC, the Chaos Computer Club. Don't be worried about the name, they have a very good reputation and they support government organisations in security questions. You can found them here at www.ccc.de/en/

My best wishes to you and your family

Werner
2watspamgourmet

Postby justs » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:37 pm

I can't believe I'm just now discovering this thread. I am so sorry to read this and my thoughts are with you, Josh, and your family. I've been through the process with several of my family members through the years and it is a tough journey. I can only wish you the best and as much joy as possible from this day forward.

I have a palpable sense of guilt in that Spamgourmet had similarly been my most used and most taken for granted tool over the past 18 years. I cannot imagine my workflow without it and yet I can believe the commitment that you have dedicated to this tool and its users. Selfless it's the word that comes to mind.

I don't know how I can contribute to we this process, to you, your family it this project but I am very open to doing so.

I wish you well.

Just
Could using a Spamgourmet disposable to register for the Spamgourmet Forum tear a hole in the space-time continuum?
justs

Postby snowmaker » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:17 pm

Hello Josh. I wished you well in another thread (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1753&p=8047&sid=cea76ce218bdb69644ae29b80ada29b5#p8047), but I would like to do the same here as well. You provide a great service, which I have mentioned more than once on another forum, http://www.emaildiscussions.com. I truly do wish the best for you and your family in this troubling time, and do so wish I could provide some bit of help both financially and physically. About all I can do at the moment is suggest you and/or yours research CBD Oil. It has helped me for various 'ailments'. Research it well though, as there are some (or quite a few at least) 'snake oil' (pun intended) salesmen/companies that only want to make money.

Again, wishing you and yours the best.

- Bruce
snowmaker

Postby xk8 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:06 am

i very much hope you can recover fully and wish you the best. Glad to hear you're continuing to look into ways to achieve that.
xk8

Postby dan1376 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:37 pm

Hi Josh,
I've searched through this thread and see that no one has mentioned the name "Northwest Biotheraputics, Inc" (nwbio.com)
They have been in the final stages of FDA Phase III testing for several years for their product DCVax-L, a personalized treatment for GBM. (reprograms your immune system to fight the GBM)
My understanding is that it has been in use in Germany for a couple of years now. With the new "Right to Try" law currently in effect, perhaps something could be worked out to allow access to this treatment.
Best Wishes Josh!
dan1376

Postby r2d2 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:07 pm

Hey Josh, keep on fighting the good fight. Wishing you positive thoughts. Spa gourmet is a wonderful service and would love to help out in anyway that I can.
r2d2

Postby rowper » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:37 pm

Josh,

I have used your service for many years and just came across this post now. I hope your health has improved and that you are on the way back to health! I am experienced in enterprise IT and if I can be of assistance to you I would be glad to help. Thank you so much for your important work in providing a service like this to the public!

Regards,
rowper
rowper

Postby sba923 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:55 am

Hi Josh,

I think I don't have words that can express how sorry I am for you.

If there's anything I can do to help your kids with the operation of the service (I'm a professional software engineer), just PM me and I'll help.

Best regards,

Stéphane.
(CHARENTON-LE-PONT, FRANCE)
sba923

Postby skopeia » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:20 pm

Hi Josh,

I'm very sad about the horrible information. I'm active in neuro-oncology for decades (founded EANO - www.eano.eu , NOA www.neuroonkologie.de).

Regarding Spamgourmet I consider to run the software on my mailserver - to offer your great service to new users, too.
Is it possible to get the software for this purpose?

I would support the implementation by a privacy-oriented NGO - like CCC, FIFF

Sincerely Bettina Müller
(aka Skopeia)
skopeia

Postby goodbyesg » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:57 am

Hi Josh,

I found this by researching why SG isn't accepting new users. I was astounded to realize that I've been using your service since 2004! I just spent a few hours changing all of my accounts away from SG emails. I don't say this out of anger or frustration. Rather I wanted to show how useful your service was. Thank you for doing this for so many years and helping so many people. I'm hoping that the days you have left on this Earth are peaceful ones.
goodbyesg

Postby Bibi » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:58 pm

Thanks for your great job Josh.
As Viktor I just subscribed to thank you.
Your service "just" does it job. Reliably and for free.
A friend of mine knowing I was using this service informed me that you were about to shut down the service. I can tell you I was sad. But understood fully the reason, I can’t say a good one, but an understandable one.
After a few days I was happy to see you found another admin to do the job.

This service works so well (from a user point of view at least!) that I don’t understand why adding new users is so demanding. Maybe a FAQ and an invitation to use this forum for unanswered questions could help: we, as community, could answer. The user community should be able to answer most of the questions new users would have I guess. I know, it will be the decision of the new admin. So I may be one of the happy few ;-).

I'll make a donation. For the service and/or for you as golden parachute which is quite ironic for a volunteer but well earned! I know you'll make good usage of it.
All the best from France

And no MrData, you're not an edge case, you're a normal case:
Your message stats: 21,194 forwarded, 3,609 eaten. You have 203 spamgourmet address(es).
Your message stats: 9,608 forwarded, 11,974 eaten. You have 403 spamgourmet address(es).
Bibi

Postby Whatifi » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:20 am

Dear Josh, I have been at a loss for words since your announcement that you were seriously ill. I just want you to know how much I have appreciated and enjoyed using Spamgourmet all these years. I am disabled, with some cognitive challenges, and Spamgourmet has been a thing that has made certain day-to-day parts of my life decidedly simpler and easier. Thank you forever for that. I hope I have not waited too late to tell you. I wish you comfort and peace and the knowledge you have been something good in the lives of even people you never knew.
Whatifi

PreviousNext

Return to What's New