beta testers

Discussion of items in the "What's New" log.

beta testers

Postby josh » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:26 pm

I added a couple of new features - the ability to delete an address (which *will* be recreated the next time it's used!) and the ability to modify the "exemplar" - the appearance of a disposable address that gets used when you're replying/sending a message through spamgourmet. I also did some UI cleanups.

Anyone interested in testing these? My primary concern is that the new features will be confusing for most, and will wind up causing more harm than good, particularly in terms of support burden for me. For that reason, I'm interested in getting input on clarity of use and purpose, whether the features are truly useful, and particularly whether the implementation can lead to unintended results that will cause problems. Also, remember that the user interface operates in many non-English languages, and so any input on the translation of the new bits of text that go along with the features (or any of it, really - some of it is really bad, I'm sure) will be welcome.

You can access the features by going to https://www.spamgourmet.com/indextest.pl

Please post comments/suggestions here.

Thanks!
josh

Re: beta testers

Postby lwc » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:45 pm

I've tested the new beta abilities successfully. They're great. I'll finally be able to use */+ only one time and then remove them.

Regarding deletion, will deleted addresses be re-created using whatever they had in exclusive sender and remaining messages?
lwc

Postby josh » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:17 pm

Only if the address used by the sender has a +/* or sender/domain directive in it. The data about the address disappears when you delete it.
josh

Postby josh » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:52 pm

Well.... since I haven't heard from anyone but lwc, and that one reaction was positive, I'm leaning toward taking the features out of beta and into "production"
josh

Postby End User » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:13 am

The new features work well and as expected. Thank you!
End User

Postby melsears » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:17 pm

Thanks for the Delete! I think the new features are great!
melsears

Postby superniemand » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:42 am

Hi,

those features sound great. It is also good to know, that there still is development.

I just downloaded the current package (2.0.3) from sourceforge, but don't know which files to change in my own installation. Is there a list of some sort?

Many thanks
superniemand
superniemand

Postby josh » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:12 pm

the svn changelog should show which files changed - if that doesn't work for you, let me know.
josh

Return to What's New