Translation: German version of login page

Discussion of items in the "What's New" log.

Translation: German version of login page

Postby uag » Sat May 30, 2020 11:13 am

Hi,
on the first page of the GERMAN Languagepage from spamgourmet it reads "Anmelden" and is later continued "oder registrieren Sie sich". (Login .... or register)

The English line "Spamgourmet is staying online!" (I am very happy it does!!) cuts the above sentence in two parts.

Please move this line either after the "E-Mail" line for registration or in a line before "Benutzername" (Username for registration)

The German translation for the phrase to be moved would be: "Spamgourmet bleibt online!"

Your service works so extremly relaiable that the first page in the German version should also look well and professional.

Thank you

Harald
uag

Re: Translation: German version of login page

Postby miniscus » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:02 pm

This seems true for all translations, confuses a bit, but it does not affect any functionality.

It is a temporary message to all existing members that feared the good may pass away with Josh. But it survived exceptionally!

It will likely discourage new users though. They have not been a priority for months, and that is in the process of changing. I am sure the text will be removed as soon as someone finds the time.

Instead, I would love to see a short phrase on the main page, dominant enough, that honors the great creator of SG. Maybe with a pic. He DOES deserve our honor.
miniscus

Re: Translation: German version of login page

Postby lwc » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:57 pm

miniscus wrote:It will likely discourage new users though. They have not been a priority for months, and that is in the process of changing. I am sure the text will be removed as soon as someone finds the time.

The German translation should the least of your worries for new users, as registration seems open again but impossible.
lwc

Return to What's New