[req] Unlimited forwarding

Use this forum to get help.

[req] Unlimited forwarding

Postby dogli » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:31 pm

Hey,

i read some discussions about unlimited forwarding. Is there a plan of implementing this thing?

prefix.unlimited-mail.user@spamgourmet.com

and when not, why not?

There could be a list with all the unlimited mail-adresses i created and if i notice that there is spam, i can block them.

like someword.+.spamcowboy@spamgourmet.com but without the limitation on one sender or domain.
dogli

Postby josh » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:19 pm

not in the plans -- too much load on the server over time, when you look at the big numbers. It's much more "expensive" in terms of server resources to forward a message than it is to ignore it. Currently, the way things are set up, abandoned accounts trend down toward zero forwarded mail over time as message counters run down and trusted/exclusive sender accounts fall into disuse. With an easy unlimited option, they'll trend toward more forwarding as the addresses get on more lists.

If you want to peg open an address, use the address itself as the exclusive sender - then all mail addressed "to" the address will get through indefinitely (but not cc or bcc). Effective, but not easy to set up (intentionally).
josh

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...