AMD Forum doesn't seem to like spamgourmet (NOT SO actually)

Use this forum to get help.

AMD Forum doesn't seem to like spamgourmet (NOT SO actually)

Postby JoJo » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:03 am

For years I have been a member of AMD Processor Forum (forums.amd.com), registered with a neverbox address. Recently the forums were migrated to FuseTalk bbs software, and members were supposedly sent new passwords via email. I never got mine. I tried their forgotten password feature but still no email. I tried setting up new user accounts using new spamgourmet addresses, but still no password emails.

Trying to imagine every pitfall possible, I took "amd" out of the address, shortened to xxx.xxxxxxxxxx@domain.tld format, and switched to mamber.net. None of this worked.

Finally I registered with a non-sg account in the format xxxxxxxxxx@domain.tld, and it worked.

I can only conclude that their software doesn't like periods anywhere before the @, or doesn't accept spamgourmet addresses. Either way, that rules out using spamgourmet. (Well, I haven't tried a ~ yet.)

I will try to find out which it is.

I would not suggest contacting them yet, since the migration went badly in several other respects, and they are up to their butts in alligators right now. I'll keep you posted.
JoJo

Postby JoJo » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:54 pm

A very helpful volunteer moderator got a FuseTalk tech involved, and I am now on the AMD Forum under my original name and still using an sg address. I don't know what the problem was, but they tell me it was not my email address.

Good thing, because sg is more important to me that any one forum. I'm glad AMD plays nicely with sg after all. :)
JoJo

Postby josh » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:15 pm

cool
josh

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...