Somthing I read that I didnt understand

Use this forum to get help.

Somthing I read that I didnt understand

Postby ffm » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:38 pm

lwc wrote:But wouldn't it give that account 20 messages (the letter T ["to"] is the twentieth letter of the English alphabet)?

I thought, no.matter.what, as long as we didnt put blah.ANUMBER.SOMEUSERNAMEatDOMAIN.TLD, it will default to our default sender number. So, according to the above, I can send a message to blah.to.SOMEUSERNAMEatxoxy.net and get to send 20 emails to them?
ffm

Postby josh » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:19 pm

yes -- most things in that center space will cause something to happen:

If it's a * or the word 'domain', it'll establish the sender's domain as the exclusive sender. I can't remember if it's the default number or zero that's used in this case - I think it's zero (the number has no effect on the exclusive sender, after all)

If it's a + or the word 'sender', it'll establish the sender's email address as the exclusive sender. Same comment applies about the number used.

If it's a number, then that's the number, up to 20.

If it's a letter, then that letter's position in the English alphabet is used as the number, up to 20.

If it's a word, then the first letter of that word is treated as the single letter above.

If it's nothing, or something that doesn't fit into the above categories (but nevertheless makes through the mail servers on its way to spamgourmet), then the default number will be used.

But since you're thinking about this from the perspective of third party sender, realize that there maybe other things that prevent the address from getting created at all, like watchwords.
josh

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...