Not a valid email address?

Use this forum to get help.

Not a valid email address?

Postby viresmetus » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:35 pm

My friend sent me an invite for facebook.com and I really wasn't all that interested but I wanted a chance to try out my spamergourmet address. Unfortunately it doesn't show up as "a valid email address" I think this is because the site has a predetermined set (hotmail, yahoo etc.) although I am not sure. Some help would be appreciated, concerning why it won't work. Thanks.
viresmetus

Postby josh » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:52 pm

it looks like they banned spamgourmet.com, but I tried some of the other domains -- even spamgourmet.net, and it looked like they'd take those. You should try one of the alternative domains. For a partial list, you can read the FAQ, or just use spamgourmet.net, because that appears to work.
josh

Postby viresmetus » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:10 am

Thanks I'll try that... I forgot about the other domains
viresmetus

Cant use .com names

Postby vj218 » Tue May 01, 2007 3:39 pm

Unless you are trying to join the high school facebook, you can't use a .com name. The whole point of facebook is to bring students together. That is why you cant use a .com name. You are supposed to use your school e-mail address. So I'm actually surprised that you can use spamgourmet.net, when facebook first opened they only allowed .edu e-mail addresses.
vj218

it's through highschool

Postby viresmetus » Tue May 01, 2007 5:11 pm

I am using a high school network so any address works, and as it turns out it was pointless to use the spam gourmet address specifically because I had to use a link with the message body to access the site.

Slightly off topic but I noticed that if you use a link from a status update (in mail box) it doesn't matter what user/password you use to sign in to facebook... it just works. Kind of bad really.

EDIT it turns out this only worked one time, but still Facebook is kind of screwy I have added many people without security checks and some others that required security could be bypassed by refreshing the screen.
Last edited by viresmetus on Tue May 01, 2007 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
viresmetus

Postby Odomus » Tue May 01, 2007 6:14 pm

Vj.. that is not true. YOu can use any .com I have used yahoo, hotmail, gmail, and a few of the SG addreses, they all work it is only the 'spam' part of the domain they are not accepting. Or what they have blocked as a disposeable addressess.
I only speak from experience cause I have already done it.
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.
Odomus

Perhaps there was a miscommunication?

Postby viresmetus » Tue May 01, 2007 9:44 pm

Vj.. that is not true. YOu can use any .com I have used yahoo, hotmail, gmail, and a few of the SG addreses

I think what Vj was saying, which is correct, is that the spamgourmet.com did NOT work.

Odomus, Are you using a college network? I know high school networks accept .coms but I don't know whether the college networks will, but I would suspect so now that the system is open to anyone.
viresmetus

Postby Odomus » Tue May 01, 2007 11:51 pm

AHhh that wasent clear i get it now.

But nope, Iam a total home user. Home is where the heart is i guess.
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.
Odomus

Postby SvekY » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:34 am

Well, I am having problems using a disposable e-mail for Facebook, and I think I identified where the problem is.
I'm probably repeating, but it takes on average about 12-24 hours, and sometimes even three(3) days for the message to be sent from facebook to spamgourmet servers.

I do have a few hours of delay in the spamgourmet servers, but that is not critical; especially for Facebook.

I tested the same disposable addr by sending from my address, and it comes through within two(2) hours, IMHO solely because of SG. There was an almost instant sending from destination server to first SG server.
(Maybe I misinterpreted something, but SG processed a mail in a minimum 30 minutes.)
I will send the headers later.

I used some SG domain containing string "spam".
:?: Are you saying that this is the cause of slowdown?

Technical info: I'm a home user from Southern Europe, Croatia. ISP is T-Com.hr

Thx for any help.
SvekY

Postby Odomus » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:21 am

Well Since this is only about a month old...
I hope it hasent been answered....
Anyways...
I have one as well for facebook, for a while now, and I just changed it to a new one since well, because I used another name for it, now I just use FaceBook as the pre word/name. Saved on the stress of my brain...
And It didnt take 3 days that is for sure tops was about 2min.

Depending on what domain you use it will take longer, sorry to say but that happens.
I have been actually oddly enough privy to having it sent to me so far a week late. But my Average tops was about 3days over long periods.

In a nutshell, it is the domain, since there are different ones out there... it all depends on what one(s) you use wich will determine the time taken to get to you.
Odomus

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...