mail [used to be] not going thru - xoxy.net

Use this forum to get help.

Mail does not go through

Postby Skeeve » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:27 am

I entered a new address (abitreff.mailt.skeeve at xoxy dot net) yesterday in order t receive a registration confirmation mail. When I search for that address I find that 2 mails are forwarded (last yesterday 17:38) but nothing got through to my real account. Nothing is in my real account's spam folder.

Can someone please check what's going on there?
Skeeve

Postby SysKoll » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:06 pm

We have had a DNS problem, many messages have been delayed.

However, I've seen some mail successfully sent to your GMX ISP. Can you please do a search on GMX and see if any topic is helpful?
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby Skeeve » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:43 pm

GMX was't the problem. I use it for years now. Finally the mails went through. Must have been the DNS problem. Thanks for your support!
Skeeve

Postby JamesWzmbie » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:56 pm

Skeeve wrote:GMX was't the problem. I use it for years now. Finally the mails went through. Must have been the DNS problem. Thanks for your support!

has the mail arrived? I got mine. It was attached on 2 further mails. One containing this:
** THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY **
** YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE **

The original message was received at Sun, 29 Apr 2007 03:28:06 GMT
>from jqh1@localhost

----- Transcript of session follows -----
451 gmx.de: Name server timeout
Warning: message still undelivered after 4 hours
Will keep trying until message is 5 days old
JamesWzmbie

Postby Odomus » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:57 am

Yeh I now got ones similar to that one above... but it was through mamber.net domain part...I also got message 2/5, BEFORE I got Message 1/5... now HOW is this possible?
And it is STILL SLOW... and I still dont get all my Emails though AND/OR they take still 30min-32hours for myself to get it.
As noone has even replied to the post in the General area that I made can anyone answer this?
Now Besides xoxy, is mamber.net also having DNS problems?
OR is the whole System having problems no matter what the domain is? Is the Place still getting DDoS attacks? Like a post a couple weeks ago said?

Thank you for your time and patience... hopefully somone will finally answer me.

-Odomus
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.
Odomus

Postby SysKoll » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:33 am

We had problems with our DNS server. Mail was getting held because domain names were often not resolved, regardless of which domain it was. We fixed it and will diag it later. Looks like a problem with a Cari.net DNS server.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby Odomus » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:51 pm

Ok, thank you for the reply back I appreciate it. At least now I know what was going on. Cause it didnt matter what domain i used it all just didnt arrive or it was late.
Odd it just never happened before EVER, for me this is a first.

I guess I should be lucky then :wink:

I hope all is really ok and I hope everything works out good and diag good and doesnt turn up any problems.
Good luck.

And thank you for having this service I thank you.

-Odomus
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.
Odomus

Recovery time

Postby crusti » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:05 pm

Is it taking a while for the system to recover?
crusti

Postby Odomus » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:20 pm

Prob... I jsut used Xoxy and Mamber, and Ordinary and recursor and inboxclean, none of the mails have been sent or fowarded... IF they have been sent to the domain in the first place at all. I cant tell if they have even beeen recived let alone tried to foward to me.
Odomus

Previous

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...