Good email not being forwarded

Use this forum to get help.

Good email not being forwarded

Postby emlcc » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:59 am

Numerous tests show every message is set to zero remaining on the first try, and no message is forwarded. Moreover, trusted senders are not getting though. Base mail is tested to work fine, and there are no spam rules on mail server or client. No email since 9/6/2006. Just me? Is there a setting that would cause this behavior?
emlcc

Postby josh » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:46 pm

Since we moved the server, we've shown up on numerous blocklists -- currently, I'm aware that our server is being blocked by swbell.net and sbcglobal.net, and maybe others. We've requested to be be removed from the ones we know about, but there's not much more we can do.

Another case of friendly fire - discouraging. If you believe this is not the case, please follow up.
josh

Postby emlcc » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:10 am

Josh, perfect reply - I am at sbcglobal.net. Tested other mx which is working fine. Thanks for prompt response.
emlcc

Postby josh » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:25 pm

I got a notice yesterday that sbc (now AT&T) had removed us from their list, so things should be working again (but I haven't tested).
josh

OK - Now

Postby emlcc » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:26 pm

I can confirm - that was the root cause of the problem. All is well now. Thanks for wonderful support. Ironic, free service has better support than paid AT&T account.
emlcc

Postby worm » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:30 am

Hi! Apologies if I am posting in the wrong section.

I am having problems with my trusted senders list. I first give out a spamgourmet email address with the counter set at 20. I then add that address to my trusted list. However when the counter passes 20 and thus runs out, the emails are eaten instead of being forwarded. I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong or if there a glitch in the system.
worm

Postby SysKoll » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:21 am

worm wrote:Hi! Apologies if I am posting in the wrong section.

I am having problems with my trusted senders list. I first give out a spamgourmet email address with the counter set at 20. I then add that address to my trusted list. However when the counter passes 20 and thus runs out, the emails are eaten instead of being forwarded. I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong or if there a glitch in the system.

You might be putting an incorrect string in the "trusted list" (do you mean trusted senders?). Please send me or Josh a PM with your sg account and explain what you added where.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...