Automatic activation does'nt work for me

Use this forum to get help.

Automatic activation does'nt work for me

Postby jtitan » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:37 am

Hi

I am trying to activate a second user name but I never receive the activation mail.

I had the problem for the first user name and it was manually activated by Josh. It works now.

Am I alone to have this problem ?

Thanks
jtitan

Postby josh » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:23 pm

If you tried to create the account during the server move, that may explain the problem.

More recently, I've noticed some servers rejecting the confirmation email because they say that our [new] server has too high a score on ironport's senderbase service:

http://www.senderbase.org/search?search ... .75.35.164

I give up on that one. At least spamcop has taken steps to make sure we don't get listed. Senderbase doesn't even provide contact info (not that we have time to go supplicate to every blacklist operator out there).

Anyway, that could be it.
josh

Postby jtitan » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:13 pm

josh wrote:More recently, I've noticed some servers rejecting the confirmation email because they say that our [new] server has too high a score on ironport's senderbase service:

http://www.senderbase.org/search?search ... .75.35.164

The problem is that I have never received the first email from spamgourmet, even when I click on the link to re-send this first mail.
jtitan

Postby josh » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:42 am

What I meant to say (but, reading what I wrote, didn't really say), is that your email provider may be rejecting the confirmation message based on the senderbase listing (or some other listing). There are many other reasons that are possible, as well, but that one seems likely just now. If you have another email address with another service, you could try using that one just to test (you'll still have to verify the original address, but if you can't receive the confirmation message, you probably won't be able to receive any other messages through spamgourmet anyway).

Do you have spam filtering? If so, can you check to see whether the confirmation message got caught in it?
josh

Postby jtitan » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:30 pm

josh wrote:What I meant to say (but, reading what I wrote, didn't really say), is that your email provider may be rejecting the confirmation message based on the senderbase listing (or some other listing). There are many other reasons that are possible, as well, but that one seems likely just now. If you have another email address with another service, you could try using that one just to test (you'll still have to verify the original address, but if you can't receive the confirmation message, you probably won't be able to receive any other messages through spamgourmet anyway).

Do you have spam filtering? If so, can you check to see whether the confirmation message got caught in it?

Yes, it works with another email provider (gmail) !
Thanks
jtitan

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...