Why am I not reciving mail all of a sudden

Use this forum to get help.

Why am I not reciving mail all of a sudden

Postby Dragonteeth » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:35 pm

Hope some of you guys can help.

I belong to several Yahoo groups and almost 2 weeks ago I stopped reciving mail from any of them.

I've been investigating the situation with Yahoo, who are being less than helpfull. The mail is not "bouncing" at the moment, though it did bounce a message to one or two of the spamgourmet addresses right at the beginning, but it seems to be fine now. Except that I'm not reciving messages.

It now transpires that it's not just from the groups. Any mail from the Yahoo system, even personal emails from friends are going missing.

Having looked at the problem from the Yahoo end I'm looking further down the line.

Is there some kind of Bandwidth limit in spamgourmet addresses that might affect this?

I have been trying to keep an eye on the "eaten mail" but it's not showing up there. Not that it should anyway but I'm about out of ideas...

Any suggestions?
Dragonteeth

Postby optimizer » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:34 pm

They've been switching the computer over to a new one.

I haven't determined yet if we've lost e-mails (or sent ones), or if they are still sitting on a server being delivered in batches, late.
Last edited by optimizer on Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
optimizer

Postby Dragonteeth » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:39 pm

optimizer wrote:They've been switching the computer over.

Sorry, Who have?
Dragonteeth

Postby optimizer » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:59 am

The Spamgourmet computer.
Check the "news" section, and the other posts.
Looks like turbulence for a little while.
optimizer

Postby Dragonteeth » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:06 am

optimizer wrote:The Spamgourmet computer.

Well, while I apreciate that, and I realise all kinds of maintainance needs doing. I'm gonna have to look at using an alternative system. "Spread my Portfolio" so to speak.

I'm missing important mail.
Dragonteeth

Postby DJA » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:30 pm

Dragonteeth wrote:
optimizer wrote:The Spamgourmet computer.

Well, while I apreciate that, and I realise all kinds of maintainance needs doing. I'm gonna have to look at using an alternative system. "Spread my Portfolio" so to speak.

I'm missing important mail.

In a perfect world, these guys would be able to provide close support for this free service and still have time to earn a living. But I suspect this won't change anytime soon.

It is unfortunate because this is a GREAT service. Like most of us, I too have been losing email and started looking for companion services that come close to what we get here for FREE. No luck so far. I have to keep looking but I will hope to be able to ride out the current problems. This is the best FREE disposable email service by far.
DJA

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...