Send Message from a disposable address not working

Use this forum to get help.

Send Message from a disposable address not working

Postby optimizer » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:02 am

Oh no, the "Send Message from a disposable address" doesn't seem to be working.
I assume there are no limits on the number of messages you can send from a disposable e-mail.

I just sent an e-mail to a gmail acct - and nothing received.
Sent to another e-mail to another different maker e-mail acct- nothing.

I had sent a message or 2 a week ago, and I didn't receive a reply from the people, so this makes me wonder if the message got to them. I sent another today before testing - I suppose I'll have to try them with a real e-mail acct to see if they are receivign e-mail.

I didn't notice any notes in the NEWS section about this as a problem.

I'll check the e-mail accts again - HOLD - I'm back, no nothing.
Hope you can get it working

Edit:
Well, I received 1 much later, but I think there are others still missing.

For other peoples info: I see my e-mails (spam) arriving in batches, I'm fairly sure e-mails are missing from there too.
optimizer

Postby josh » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:55 pm

We're tuning the new server, which is under heavy load, but stabilizing. With regard to sending messages - are you getting the "redirection" addresses either from an incoming message or from the web server directly? Note that, for anti-abuse reasons, if you modify a redirection address however slightly, it will quietly fail when used.
josh

Postby optimizer » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:05 pm

Hi Josh,

I just copy and paste that very long "send to e-mail address" with all the plus signs etc in it that it generates.

Thanks for letting us know.

May we be losing e-mails in this process, or are they stored and will be sent out (and to) late?

Thanks
optimizer

Postby josh » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:01 pm

If they get into the server, and they don't get delivered (and they're "supposed" to be delivered, rather than eaten), then they'll be delayed.

I just broke off the huge queue and will be feeding it back in in manageable chunks.
josh

Postby optimizer » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:29 am

It seemed like the server processes a lot of messages for me on Thursday (from your queue), and not so many today, so I think there's light at end of tunnel Josh!
optimizer

Postby josh » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:45 am

There is -- the new server is behaving well now, even with the extra load of the queue.

It's going to be weird, maybe for another week. The list of queued messages was so large, it has to be broken into (hundreds, maybe thousands) of smaller parts in order to be processed, and much of this is manual, so the queued mail will be coming in fits and starts.

But hey, better late than never :)
josh

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...