Problem with the e-mail verification message

Use this forum to get help.

Problem with the e-mail verification message

Postby optimizer » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:07 pm

Hi Folks,
I created a few batches of e-mail addresses for something I have at the moment that is likely (known) to bring me spam.
After the batch, I went to my e-mail to verify them all, but not all the verification e-mails are being sent by Spamgourmet.
I don't have spam filters of anything - it's gmail too.
I've resent the verification, and still nothing.
I've slowly/tediously got around the problem (which highlights it is most likely at the spamgourmet end) by switching the spamgourmet account to a different e-mail address (where the verification is sent), then returning it to the same gmail e-mail address. Then it works.

All the spamgourmet ID's look virtually the same obscureness with a number increment (nothing anyone would want or could think up) - so I can't see gmail picking on a few of them with a filter of any kind.

Hope you can find the bug.

Thanks

Edit:
I'd recommend you try creating a set of 10 or 20 emails and see if you get all the verifications e-mails.

Edit (even later):
I did another batch of spamgourmet id's, but this time verified them as they sere created. Not one problem!
This means the problem might be something to do with the system not handling 2 or more unverified Id's for an e-mail addresses.
optimizer

Postby josh » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:53 pm

It could also have to do with our move to a new faster server - we've been working on tuning it over the last week, and so it's been briefly overwhelmed a couple of points. We're still tuning it.
josh

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...