message counter not working

Use this forum to get help.

message counter not working

Postby Lyle » Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:30 am

I recently opened an account with Amazon, using a spamgourmet address. In the subject line of their last message it said message 18 of 20, so I decided it was time to refill.

When I logged in to my account, it said my Amazon address had 0 messages remaining, and 3 had been deleted.

I looked in the Amazon folder of my mail program. There have been 13 messages from Amazon, numbered 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 14, 17, and 18.

I also looked in the "deleted messages" folder to make sure I had not put any Amazon messages there. No. All my Amazon messages are in the Amazon folder, and there are exactly 13 of them.

What's going on here?

Lyle
Lyle

Postby josh » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:09 am

could the missing ones have been caught by a spam filter between spamgourmet and you? One a message has gotten to the point where it's flipping the counter, it's pretty much coming to you. We can look at the code again at some point, but for a while we'll be busy moving the server over to a newer one.
josh

Postby Lyle » Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:05 am

> Could the missing ones have been caught by a spam filter between spamgourmet and you?

No, I don't have a filter that deletes messages.

For my most recent order, I did not get an auto-confirm message. When I go to their website and track the order, it says they are going to ship it Monday, so the order was successfully placed. Normally it would be acknowledged automatically, but it wasn't.
Lyle

Postby Lyle » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:08 am

I should add one more thing. When I logged in to check my Amazon address, these are the numbers I found:

maxcount = 20
remaining = 0
sent = 20
deleted = 3

So this makes even less sense than I thought at first. Thirteen messages received, 20 sent, 3 deleted?
Lyle

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...