What's going on here?!

Use this forum to get help.

Postby GSX » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:52 am

I also didn't get a mail through SG for a couple of days. I'm not quite sure if I fully understand from the previous posts what's going on.

- is there really a blacklisting? Are all SG-domains affected?
- will the situation (whatever that situation is) get better?
- if SG gets usable again, will these missing mails only be delayed or are they lost?
- is the situation that bad that you would recommend to change the used addresses to others (non SG)? (No offense, I just want to keep my email working)
GSX

Test msg not recd

Postby karma » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:38 pm

I sent myself 3 test messages today. They were not received and I dont even see them in the "eaten" section. I tried using xoxy and spamgourmet.com. One address I created new and it isnt showing up in the advanced address listing. The other is an old address that had 1 left. The last was an address with zero left.

The eaten section does have 3 emails showing from today. Not the one I sent myself.

Let me add my voice to the people who say this is a great service and I would hate to see it go away.

Postby GSX » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:24 am

Ah, something's happening. :D I received some mails that were delayed for two days; a test mail took some hours to arrive but most important: it arrived. Guess the system is healing (holding thumbs).
GSX

today's missing mail

Postby karma » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:21 pm

Ok figure this one out...
I signed up at a website and put in my Spamgourmet address and got their reply email within a minute. Then I sent myself an email with 2 cc spamgourmet addresses and those 3 did not arrive. I always check my bulk mail folder to see if it was dropped in there and it was not.

The emails I sent myself yesterday have not shown up either.
I am very sad about this.
:cry:

Re: today's missing mail

Postby Spambuster1 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:10 pm

I've gotten a ton of belated forwards today, going back to last weekend.

Maybe the new server is catching up?
Spambuster1

Postby SysKoll » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:44 pm

I had the same problem. It seems that spamgourmet was in at least one black list and that meant a lot of legitimate email relayed through sg was automatically discarded as spam when it reached my ISP.

A test email sent today went through within minutes.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

today's msg

Postby karma » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:37 pm

Well, today's 3 messages showed up but yesterday the ones I sent myself are still missing. Perhaps there has been improvement. :?

Postby josh » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:40 pm

we did build up a big queue early on, and we're discharging it in bursts now.

It *looks* like the server is otherwise well-tuned now, but we'll keep working on it if need be.
josh

Postby myrgoups » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:08 pm

SysKoll wrote:IIt seems that spamgourmet was in at least one black list...

"Was" as in "but now removed from those lists"?
myrgoups

Postby SysKoll » Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:09 pm

myrgoups wrote:
SysKoll wrote:IIt seems that spamgourmet was in at least one black list...

"Was" as in "but now removed from those lists"?

I checked Spamcop's BL and yes, we were not in that BL as of yesterday.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby myrgoups » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:38 pm

That is definitely good news, and I do see messages coming in now again -- so that is a good sign as well. I also noticed a lot of old messages coming through, some more than a week old.
myrgoups

Postby josh » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:56 am

yes - we're clearing that queue. There will be more old messages coming.
josh

Postby El Nombre » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:49 am

Like others, my messages have been taking about 3 days to get through Spamgourmet's system. As from today, I am pleased to report, that all messages, including test messages, are going through at rocket speed, within seconds.
El Nombre

Postby Geode » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:15 pm

I posted in another thread about the delays, but it seems that they've gone away. I'm receiving a lot of old messages (up to 5 days old) but test messages sent today are arriving almost instantly.

Thanks to the admins for keeping up the good work! FWIW, I've never thought about donating before, but I'm happy to donate to help ensure this service stays alive. Funds are on their way (and the confirmation message from Paypal, sent through a SG address, arrived in mere seconds!)
Geode

Previous

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...