forwarding to two addresses

Use this forum to get help.

Postby unclecol » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:14 pm

Hi guys,

I know this may go a bit against your ethos of reducing the amount of email buzzing around the world, but is it possible to get spamgourmet to forward all messages (at least the ones that ought to get forwarded) to two addresses?

The trouble is I have my email client on my laptop, but that means sent and received mails are only available on my laptop. So I want to copy all sent/received mails to go my gmail account as well, where they are always available. This is easy enough with sent mail, but received mail is trickier. I don't want to simply forward it, because then my name appears as sender for all mails.

Not really spamgourmet business I know, but I guess you know a thing or two about email... is this something I could do with my own smtp server? or are there any clients (or preferably extensions for thunderbird) that allow forwarding of mail while leaving the orignal sender details intact?

cheers and keep up the fantastic work
UncleCol
unclecol

Postby gverelst » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:00 pm

Have you thought about this option :
1/Spamgourmet forwards to gmail
2a/Gmail forwards to your laptop adress
or
2b/You pick up your gmail post via POP from your laptop

Both options can you found in gmail - settings - forwarding and pop
gverelst

Postby SysKoll » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:36 am

Yes, gverelst is right. Forward your messages from spamgourmet to an ISP that supports POP or IMAP. All the ISPs I know have an option that allows you to download email to your own client while leaving it on the mail server (where you can for example browse it with the ISP"s web mail interface).
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...