new one for the FAQ

Use this forum to get help.

new one for the FAQ

Postby 0spam » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:09 am

Can I change my account name, i.e., the part before the @ sign? I created one for work but I?m leaving the job. The one I created refers to the company I used to work for. (Thought I?d be there forever, I guess; silly me.) I can change the destination (forwarding) email address, but I?d like to change the account name too. Is that possible? Otherwise, I suppose I could just not use this one anymore and let it die a slow death on your server, but I hate to leave an orphan account. Call me obsessive. Is there a way to delete an account perhaps?

BTW, I get a real kick out of reading the witty answers in the FAQ! This one cracks me up every time:
ed. - confession: this is not a frequently asked question. No one has ever asked this question

I just came across this one too:
Q. Can I use spamgourmet as my mail server for incoming or outgoing mail?
A. No. Try to put this thought out of your mind.

Whoever wrote these answers deserves a round of hearty applause. It really puts a smile on my face. :)
0spam

Postby SysKoll » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:55 pm

That's Josh! He has got writing skills, which is often associated with good coding skills in my experience.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby rallypunx » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:20 am

good one
rallypunx

Postby SysKoll » Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:22 pm

Can I change my account name, i.e., the part before the @ sign? I created one for work but I?m leaving the job. The one I created refers to the company I used to work for. (Thought I?d be there forever, I guess; silly me.) I can change the destination (forwarding) email address, but I?d like to change the account name too. Is that possible? Otherwise, I suppose I could just not use this one anymore and let it die a slow death on your server, but I hate to leave an orphan account. Call me obsessive. Is there a way to delete an account perhaps?

Don't worry about orphan accounts, we can deal with them. Just create a new account.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

please!

Postby haloway13 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:23 am

But But But.... I have a crazy need to have my unused mistake account deleted! Pleas oh please!

Serious! Some of us have problems when you can't clean up after oneself!

NEVER MIND!!!! I saw the post about disabling the account by setting the forwarding email address to blank.

Tim
haloway13

Postby lwc » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:04 am

Just wondering how can it be blank if it must be confirmed?
lwc

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...